Chapter 9

~Kokichi's POV~

Saihara-Chan hasn't been seen since the trial yesterday, which I was grateful for. I had nightmares that kept me awake all night. I blame him for that! I haven't been hungry at all. The only thing I had was a Panta to keep me awake, even though I need sleep. It was close to nighttime. I was barely awake. I heard knocking on my door.

"Who is it?" I asked tiredly.

"Ouma~Kun, can we talk?" Saihara-Chan asked.

He wants to talk? He never called me anything besides that dreaded nickname.

"N-No! You have something up your sleeve don't you?" I shouted back.

"Ouma~Kun, I promise I don't! Just please let's talk this out!"

I sighed and opened the door.

"I'm only letting you in if you handcuff yourself to something."

He nodded and took out cuffs from his pockets. He walked over my desk and handcuffed himself to one of the legs. Is he actually cooperating?

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked sitting across from him.

"I'm so sorry about everything that happened! Will you ever forgive me?" he pleaded. I burst out laughing immediately.

"Wh-what's so funny?" he asked.

"You've really become quite the actor, Saihara-Chan! You think I be stupid enough to believe such a big lie? Well, you've got that wrong, detective!" I scoffed.

"So that's a no then. I guess that's to be expected considering everything he did," Saihara-Chan mumbled.

"What do you mean by 'he' Saihara-Chan? You did all those things to me. Claiming you loved me when you made my life a living hell! Don't act all innocent! I know your true colors,"I yelled. 

He looked down defeated. I got up and started walking away. I heard sniffles coming from him. Is he seriously fake crying? How long is he going to keep this act up? I continued walking over to my whiteboard. I picked up a marker. I moved around some photos and kept note of the murders so far. I wiped off what was written under Saihara-Chan's photo. I wrote 'creepy bastard' instead.

Saihara-Chan suddenly started sobbing. I groaned.

"Would you quit it already?" I asked. 

He looked at me with tears streaming down his face. I started to feel a little guilty. Snap out of it Kokichi! He's just messing with your head! The sobbing grew louder. I sighed and walked over to him!

"For fuck's sake! You just won't give up! What's your goal here?" I questioned.

"F-Forgiveness," he stuttered.

"Seriously?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He nodded. I handed him a tissue. He hesitantly took it. He started wiping his tears with his free hand.

"I should go. Could you help uncuff me?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Sorry Saihara-Chan, but Yonaga-Chan started this weird cult thing. She won't let anyone take a step outside of their rooms during nighttime. So we're both stuck in here."

He sighed.

"I guess I'll sleep on the floor then."

Saihara-Chan started unbuttoning his jacket. He was struggling with only one free hand. I sighed and started helping him. I slide it off his shoulders.

"Thanks," he said.

I nodded and walked over to my bed.

*Ding Dong Bing Bong *

"GET-YOUR-ASSES-TO-BED!" Monodam said as the monitor shut off.

I sighed and crawled under the sheets.

"Good night Ouma~Kun," He said.

"Night Saihara-Chan," I replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up tied to a chair. Saihara-Chan was hovering over me, smirking.

"I love you so much my little Kichi! But I have to do this so you'll be mine!" He said. 

He then took out two scalpels and stabbed them into my arms. I screamed in pain. He then craved a deep scare into my wrist. I winced at the pain.

"Now we're matching," he said while showing he had the same scares. 

He put the scalpel back in his pocket. Saihara-Chan then grabbed me by the shoulders. I looked up at him terrified. He smirked.

"Now it's time to completely break you!" He cleared his throat, "You're a worthless little liar that will always be alone. You have no one!"

He's right, but it still hurts to hear someone say it so bluntly. Tears were streaming down my face.

"Now, time to smother you with my love!"

He started planting kisses on my neck. Also, occasionally biting my neck, leaving some marks. He pulled away and was about to kiss my lips.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I felt someone shake me awake. I looked up and saw Saihara-Chan. His face was full of worry and he clearly uncuffed himself.

"Ouma~Kun, are you okay? You were screaming and crying in your sleep," Saihara-Chan asked.

"Wait, you're not torturing me? Is he finally gone, or are you just tricking me?" I questioned.

"I'm not tricking you or torturing you! He will never be here ever again," Saihara-Chan said with a soft smile.

I held his hand and squeezed it tightly. His touch somehow felt different than usual. It felt nice and safe instead of hate and fear. I smiled back at him.

After a few minutes his hand slipped out of my grasp. I felt a little off after he let go.

"I should probably go back to where I was, so you can actually get some sleep," He said and started walking away. 

I grabbed the bottom of his jacket. He paused and turned around, confused.

"Please st-stay Saihara-Chan!" I pleaded.

"Sure, Ouma~Kun," he replied.

I let go of his jacket. He crawled inside the bed, lying next to me. I turned around, so I was facing Saihara-Chan. I buried my face in his chest as he snaked his arms around me. Him holding me like this feels different from before. It feels warm and safe, like his protecting me from any danger. It used to feel so uncomfortable. Maybe, he was just brainwashed by Monokuma. But I barely remember what Saihara-Chan acts like. I'm starting to like the real him though. Maybe, things will get better! I won't keep my hope's up that much, but you never know what will happen!     

A/N: Thanks for reading!! Also, I'm currently writing a Komahina oneshots book, if you wanna check that out!! Also, I'm thinking about writing a Phanthom Thief AU for Saiouma. I probably won't publish it until I either finish writing this one, or when I don't have ideas for it at the time. That's all!!