Chapter Sixteen

𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙪𝙤 𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧, near Zeus's Fist

𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙪𝙤 𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧, near Zeus's Fist. They were looking panicked, and not like they'd spent the last hour making out.

Andy sent Clarisse a dead-pan glare, before turning back to Annabeth and Percy, who were looking up to Chiron.

"Chiron . . . maybe we should talk about this in the Big House," Annabeth said.

Clarisse gasped. "You found it, didn't you?"

Andy grabbed onto Clarisse's bicep unconsciously, the taller girl barely reacting.

Annabeth bit her lip. "I—Yeah. Yeah, we did."

A bunch of campers started asking questions, but Chiron raised his hand for silence. "Tonight is not the right time, and this is not the right place." He stared at the boulders, shoulder slumped with exhaustion. "All of you back to your cabins. Get some sleep. A game well played, but curfew is past!"

"Curfew?" Clarisse asked incredulously. "You expect us to—"

The centaur silenced her with a look. The daughter of Ares sighed and nodded, crossing her arms.

"This explains a lot," Andy murmured. "This is definitely what Luke is after."

"Wait a second," Percy said. "What do you mean? What did we find?"

They all turned to look at him.

"An entrance to the Labyrinth—" Annabeth began.

"An invasion route straight into the heart of camp." Andy finished.

Andy wasn't sure about this invasion route. Obviously Luke had found it before he officially betrayed camp, but navigating the Labyrinth—even with Ariadne's string—was nearly impossible.

In any sense, it was a huge risk for him and his armies. If Andy was leading them, she wasn't sure if she would risk it.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙖𝙨 anything but brief. They met in the sword arena, which was a bit unusual, from what Andy had heard.

She'd never been to one of the head councilor meetings before, being a unclaimed kid in the Hermes cabin. She was grateful for the fresh air, though. After the Labyrinth Andy had found it difficult to spend time in rooms without obvious exits, Big House included.