Chapter Twenty-Two

𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛

𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛. War was on the horizon and she could almost taste the bloodshed.

There was so much to do, and only so little time. Percy had disappeared for a day, then called Annabeth with a cryptic message to load up all the campers in the camp van, and bring them to New York.

They went to Olympus first, making sure that Kronos's army hadn't made it up there yet.

It should have been a beautiful place, and it was, but it was empty, cold. The braziers were dark, and most of the occupants had either fled, or we're already fighting.

It was only when they had already gone back down to the ground when Andy spoke next. After Percy assigning exits and entrances for each cabin to guard and a surprise visit from the Hunters of Artemis, Percy turned to her.

"Andy," he said, gesturing for her to come stand at the front where he was. "You know Kronos's army."

It wasn't a question, but a statement.

"I spent a lot of time inventorying Kronos troops when I was spy," she announced. "Almost every message from the troops stationed in other places, I intercepted. I know the numbers. Kronos relies heavily on his dracaenae and demigod foot-soldiers, so expect lots of those. However, he will send out some of his stronger troops, like laistrygonian giants and hellhounds, but only in moderation. He wants to pace those, so he has enough for the final battles. If you see a Titan, do not fight them alone. There are only a few, but they are more powerful than you could ever imagine."

She nodded at Percy and stepped back.

𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙥𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙣, 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 stay close to Silena. Unfortunately, there had been a small troop of monsters waiting for them, and despite the Givenchy discouraging them, both Andy and Silena were injured.

They went to a building called the Plaza, where the Apollo healers had set up camp. Silena had been taken away so someone could patch up a gash on her leg, but Andy was handed a square of ambrosia and told to wait until her bones healed.

Andy was looking over a map in the main room, so she saw when Annabeth was rushing into a separate room, and Percy followed after, flitting near the room's entrance.

"Percy," she called. "Stop hovering."

He sighed, and walked over, sitting on the floor next to her.