Chapter 3: Knowing

2 weeks later

2 weeks later...
"And remember, I need this by tomorrow. If you can't get this done, it's gonna cause some problems. Got it?"

"Yes boss."

I sigh as one of my men leave. Leading a mafia can be very difficult at points, but, it makes me feel powerful. It's a lot of pressure being the head of a gang, but a mafia? It's insane. Especially when you are the head of the Italian Mafia.

All week I was on a business trip in New York speaking to a gang there that has caused me trouble. They got let off with a warning. Although I may be a mafia leader, I haven't lost my heart quite yet.

As I finish my paperwork, I hear my phone ring:

"What." I say in a stern voice.

"D-Damien?"

I furrow my brows, "Mia?"

"Hi!" She says excitedly.

I lightly laugh, "Hi principessa. Are you doing okay today?"

"Yeah I-I'm okay. I was just wondering um if maybe you would want to come to the library with me...maybe?" She says in a timid voice.

I chuckle, "Of course. What time?"

"An hour if that's okay please?"

"Yes that's fine Tesoro."

"Ok b-bye Damien! Thank you!"

"See you soon."

I know you may all be wondering how we got close, but this past week most of my free time has been spent with Mia. She had a little meltdown 2 weeks ago when I left for my business trip.

~flashback~

* Ring ring *

"Hello?"

"D-Damien?" A soft voice cries out.

"Mia?"

"Y-yeah. Um you never came to visit me when you p-promised so I called you because I-I thought you l-left m-me." She says crying.

"No, bambina I didn't forget. I just have to go on a business trip for work. I was going to call you on the plane."

She sniffles, "Oh I-I'm sorry."

I grin, "It's not your fault at all. I'll be back in a week and I can promise I'll come to see you as soon as I get back...okay?"

"O-ok. Have a nice trip D-Damien!"

"Thank you baby."

~end of flashback~

Until the hour is up, I get some paper work from my legal business done. Yes, I have a legal and non legal business.