Chapter 2

The size of your audience dosn't matter. Keep up the good work.

Back to present:

Sehrish POV:

After closing the book of my memories I finally stood up and went down to help my mother in some chores. I started washing dishes but soon I got tired.

I went into my mother's room but she was sleeping so I came back to my room. I started studying and saw a tag in front of me , the highlighted part was NSP which means Newyork School Of Photography. I am going to apply there after my final papers which are after 2 weeks. Oh my god I am super excited.

I was thinking about all the things I will do when I will go to that college. Shopping, dresses , new friends , parties!

2 weeks later:

Sitting in my exam room I was praying to Allah to help me in my paper. I was worried as these papers were really important for me.

"Hey dont worry you will do this." A stranger voice came from the back.

A girl sitting at my back was not from my college, she was wearing hijaab, and no doubt was very beautiful.

"Yea but I am tensed" I told her frankly.

"Read this ayat and Allah will help you"

I repeated the ayat and thanked her.

No doubt this ayah gave me lots of confidence.

My paper went good Alhamdullilah and I decided to thank that girl for supporting me.

I saw her sitting at the bench so I went there and sat beside her.

"Hey thankyou for your support it was really helpful" I said

"Oh dont be, its Allah who helped you" She smiled back.

Their was silence for some moments and then I broke the ice by asking

"Why do you cover your head? Its too hot.

She gave me a confusing look and I quickly completed my words by saying

"Dont take me wrong, its a girls college and no one is here to see your hair.

"I am used to it. This is more important than the weather and look this peon he is male"

"So what? you are trying to show that he is dying to see your hair?"

She chucked and said "Listen to me very carefully Islam encourages the Muslims to stand out among people, readily distinguishable by their dress, appearance and behaviour, so that they will be a good example, worthy of the great message that they bring to humanity.

According to the hadith narrated by the great Sahabi Ibn al-Hanzaliyyah, the Prophet (PBUH) told his Companions, when they were travelling to meet some brothers in faith:

"You are going to visit your brothers, so repair your saddles and make sure that you are dressed well, so that you will stand out among people like an adornment, for Allah (SWT) does not love ugliness."[1]

The Prophet (PBUH) considered an unkempt and careless appearance, and scruffy clothes and furnishings, to be forms of ugliness, which is hated and forbidden by Islam.

Islam encourages the Muslims in general to stand out among the people; the Muslim woman, in particular, is encouraged to be distinct from other people in her appearance, because this reflects well on her, and on her husband, family and children.