Chapter 5

"Is that you creepy?" He raised his eyebrow and asked.
I didn't reply and went inside the house.

Midnight.
Yes it was him Zaid after so many years. What was he doing here? I thought I forgot everything but no, even after so many years his existence irritates me like before. I don't know why but still my feelings for him are same. And Zayed where he probably would be? Ahh I should not think about them.
I read some supplications and then slept.

~
"Where is my duppata and my bangles? Sehrish wake up its 3 pm. I have to go salon, no one cares it's my wedding day" Amaniya was running here and there yelling at me.
"Oh it's in the cupboard" I tried my best to open my eyes but aahhh my eyelids were too heavy.
"Why did you touch my things? Wake up and help me or else.."
"Or else..?" I opened my right eye and murmured in low voice.
"Or else 'Splash'" A bucket with cold water was on me. She threw the bucket as well.
"Ahhhhhhhhh...!! Amaniya I will kill you" I shouted at the top of my lungs.
"Hahaha sorry baby but wakeup it's my wedding day. Tomorrow when you'll wake up I wont be here , no one will be here to tease you and no one will.." She was completing her sentence, her voice extremely sad and tears were shining in her eyes when I cut her off and said
"Oh please don't start your emotional drama. I am really happy that you are leaving. I wish Laraiz bhai would come right now and take you away"

"Oh please then no one will be here to support your every decision and no one will hide your stupid mistakes from Ammi"
"I don't care" I smiled and said.
She too smiled and punched me on my arm and said "I will miss you".
"I will miss you too" I said while rubbing my elbow.

~

"Come on girls be quick, we have to reach the hall till 7 pm. Sehrish you and Aliya will go and pick Amaniya from the salon and then be there till 7. Okay?" Ammi said while arranging the gift baskets.

"Okay we will just leave in half an hour" I told her and went upstairs to give final touch to my makeup.

Today our wedding theme was pink and golden. As the bride was going to wear pink so rest of the girls wore golden. I wore a beautiful golden dress with pink and golden hijab. When I was satisfied with my appearance I left for salon with Aliya.

~
We picked Amaniya from salon. She was looking amazing in her pink and golden dress. We reached the hall at 7:16 but it was empty. Only we three and some groom's family members. I greet them and took Amaniya into bridal room.

"Give me some water" Amaniya ordered.
"Okay Miss bride" I said in a sarcastic tone.
I went outside to get some water when I heard a familiar voice.

"You've changed alot"

I turned to see who it was when I encounter a tall man standing in front me, yeah it was Zaid. He was wearing black kurta and shalwar. In his one hand was a cigarette. He smoke!

"I wish I could say same for you" I said in a sarcastic tone while filling water in the glass.

"Wohoo! Your appearance has changed only I guess." He said while leaning on the pillar.

I didn't reply and start moving towards bridal room when he shouted "You look beautiful".

I rolled my eyes and went inside the room.

~

Finally after 20 mins all my family members arrived.
"Come on sehrish!! Groom's family is waiting at the entrance, get all the flowers" Mumma said to me while running towards the entrance.

I quickly nodded and grabbed all the flowers and run towards the entrance.
Turn by turn everyone came inside and then the groom with his cousins in which I saw Zaid.
He went outside to receive the guests I guess. Everyone was moving inside and I was showering flowers on them.

~♡

"Come on everyone is waiting for you outside" I told Amaniya who was looking damn nervous.

"Do I look good? My hair are they okay? And what about these shoes are they..." Amaniya in her nervousness was continuesly saying rubbish.

"Ahh you look perfect my baby. You are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen in my life. Trust me :)"
I gave her an assuring smile and she said "I trust you"

"Let's go" I said and she nodded.

~
Walking on the aisle every eye was on the bride. We were in the spot light and no doubt Amaniya was looking amazing. As we walk on the aisle I noticed a pair of eye on me. And on my doubt it was Zaid's.
Anger was boiling inside me. Soon after I dropped Amaniya on stage I turned to look for my cousins when I saw him standing in front of me.

"Hey dont look here and there I am here" He said in a teasing way and yes I got irritate.

"You wish!!" I rolled my eyes and walk past him when suddenly he hold my wrist and said
"Wait just listen to me".

" Don't you even dare to touch me!!" I warned him and removed my hand from his grip.

"Oh just relax!! I just wanted to talk to you"

"Well I am not interested" I told him and was going to turn when he said
"Okay I won't irritate you just listen to me"

"What?" I quickly said to end this conversation.

"Are you engaged?" He asked without showing any expression.

"No." this is all I answered.

"Hmm. And this thing, you wear it all the time?" He pointed towards my hijab.

"Well for your kind information this is not a thing this is hijab. And yes I wear it all the time. Now are we done?" I said rudely.

"Ahann!! Why are you being so rude? Where is your mother let me tell her that her daughter is misbehaving with the guests" He said again in a teasing tone.

"Well then where is your mother? Let me tell her too that your son is a donkey and he smokes" I said while giving him a mischievous smile.

"Don't search her I will bring her to you my self" He said while folding his arms.

"What?" I asked in a confused tone and he simply turned and said "You will get the answer your self".

□■□■~

Finally it was time for Amaniya's rukhsati. Everyone was shedding tears. As it was the first wedding in our family, first daughter was leaving the home so it was hard time for my parents and us. No doubt Amaniya was always there for me when I needed her. She was truly my soul sister. I went to meet her and she hugged me tight and said "Take care of yourself" .
"I will. Don't worry" I smiled but when we had eye contact all my confidence got down. Her glittery eyes made my eyes wet.
"You are finally leaving" I said and a tear dropped from my right eye.
"Yes but I don't want to leave you" she said and hold my hands tightly.
"Amaniya leave her. It's time to go" Aunty Faiza said while removing her hands from mine.
And finally she left me alone.

Okay so here is an update. Thankyou soo much everyone for supporting me. Seriously I am overwhelmed. Do like and comment.
And if you want to give any suggestion so feel free.

Jazakallah :)