LIII

"dream, i swear, if you don't come out i will turn around and waltz back home myself." you called out into the woods. no response. you kept walking, listening for any signs that dream was close. occasionally you would hear the sound of skeleton or zombies being slaughtered and you were head in that direction, only to be met some bones or rotten flesh being left behind. you guessed that either a rabid wolf was on the loose or dream was killing them and making sure you were safe. you would preferred your second guess.

now you were standing in a clearing, silent while you tried to detect some footsteps or leaves crunching so that you could pinpoint where dream was.

"y/n! why are you just standing there?" you heard dream's muffled voice, but you couldn't see him. you picked up your pace as you followed his words. that's when you saw a flash of green between the oak trunks and presumed that it was dream.

you started to swerve around and dodge trees as you chased after him, nearly tripping and falling over some roots sticking out of the ground. dream was making a full circle and was returning to the clearing. he paused in the centre of the glade and spun around to see if you were still following, the soft silver glow of the moon above shining through the branches and glaring down at him.

"oh, look. you've caught me." dream said, raising his hands up in defence. he didn't look upset about it.

"tired already?" you mocked, making dream scoff. "of course not. sapnap, george, and i used to do this all the time for hours." he ended up sitting down in the soft grass and pulling at your hand. dream wanted you to join him. "you're the one who looks tired." dream retorted, handing you your sword that you happily accepted. "of course. i don't chase people through forests every day. plus i was doing some building." you did what dream wanted and placed yourself beside him, your stare locked on the faint shine of stars above you. "it's fun. especially with you." dream's head was tilted slightly to the side as he gazed at you through his mask. you didn't answer. you wanted a minute of calm silence.

dream draped an arm around your shoulders like schlatt liked to do to you, except now you felt more comfortable and safe with dream doing it. you leaned against him, his body heat warming you.

"are you cold? because you feel cold. do you want to go back home?" dream asked, hid voice soft and quiet. you shook your head. "no. i like it here. with you."

you released a deep breath, not having much of a say as your eyes seemed to have a mind of their own and slowly closed

——————————————————
483 words

just short chapter tings.