LXIV

(so ive given up trying to go through all of my wattpad notifs because whenever i get on theres a ridiculous amount of them so i have no idea whats being commented)

you, fundy, and tubbo had spent the past days decorating for the festival. occasionally, you had helped with setting up a few games, like the boxing ring and wipeout course. you had also found a place to plant the tnt. since the stage was built on a small hill you had caved out a little room beneath. from there you and wilbur placed the tnt and set up a button that would detonate them. eerily enough, wilbur had taken the time to make it dramatic and wrote the lyrics to the l'manberg anthem on signs and scattered them around the room.  you spent a lot of time in pogtopia during the day and the rest of your time with dream, who stuck to you the glue.

you followed techno around while you were in pogtopia. you learned that techno liked to give gifts. you would he him handing something random that he found off to wilbur, tommy, and tubbo after they gave him something small like a peice of gold or even a potato. it wasn't much of a fair trade but you knew techno was smart enough to know what he was doing. you had a bunch of new weapons and armour that he had given you and some miscellaneous items as well, like a handful of enderpearls and half a stack of soulsand that even techno said you probably wouldn't need. the soulsand was a bit confusing but you accepted it anyways.

techno also liked to hoard stuff, especially materials like gold. he would sometimes ask you to grab him something from a chest and they would be filled with random stuff that nobody would need. he was like a piglin.

you barely spoke to tommy or tubbo. tubbo was excited for the festival until wilbur had explained you and his full plan to sabotage the event. at the end of his speech tubbo had a code word. you and wilbur would ignite the tnt when he said the code word.

schlatt had also had his time with you. often insulting you and then brushing it off by calling you too sensitive or saying he never called you anything. dream was always with you so schlatt never borderline beat you to death because he knew that dream was watching.

dream said that once tubbo said this code word he would run the your tnt room as fast as he could. he said he wanted to be there to protect you from the explosions since you would be one of the ones closest to it. you tried to tell him not to but once dream made up his mind it was hard to change it.

you were worried for tomorrow when the festival happens. something was going to go wrong. this seemed too easy.

"what're you thinking about?" dream's unexpected voice pulled you from your thoughts and back to your place on the roof of his castle with him, watching the sky be painted with stars and constellations with names that you didn't know.

"nothing important." you said. you tried to make it sound like you didn't want to talk about it. dream placed his chin on the top of your head and placed his mask on the place beside you. you were sitting between his legs with his arms wrapped around you with dream leaning against one of the unused, crumbling towers that were taller than the rest of the building. dream hummed in response, clearly not buying it.

"if you're worried about the festival, don't be. i'll be there and it will all be fine." you scoffed at this. "oh yeah. everything is just dandy when you're around, isn't it?" you mocked, adjusting yourself so that you were half lying on him with your side leaning against dream's chest and not your back. "what are you implying?" dream challenged. "there was that one phase where every single time i saw you you really wanted war." you started to list points out. "everything goes to shit when you're around schlatt. how about that time a fight nearly broke out at the rally between you and tommy?"

"i get the message." dream quickly shut you up before you could give him more examples. "are you coming to the festival?" you asked him. "no. i'll just be waiting and watching. why? do you want me around? if you want, i'll go with you." dream said, giving you a smug smile. you didn't have an answer to this. did you want him to be there? you were already going with techno. half of you was happy that he wasn't there and wasn't going to challenge schlatt on everything he said while the other half of you thought it would be fun if he was there. some of the games you had made with tubbo and fundy were surprisingly fun.

"of course not. as i said, everything goes to shit while your around schlatt and he's the one who planned this whole thing." you pulled away from him and sat up straight and curled your legs up beneath you so that you could meet his gaze.

"so you don't want me around."

"i didn't say that." you quickly got defensive. "you like having me around?" dream asked, gaze softening from his teasing one. the playful tension trickled away, making you more nervous than you should have been. "put your mask back on. your face is annoying." you bluntly ignored the question. "oh, c'mon now. you seem to like it whenever i have my mask off." dream remarked, your glare at him faltering. "i hate you." you picked up the mask before he could. "i'll put it on you myself if you won't."

"you say that, but i know you love me." dream was flattering himself. you placed the mask over dream's face roughly so that he didn't see the blush covering your face, earning a small "ow" from dream. "maybe i do." you didn't mean to say it, but it slipped out. you leaned forward, placing a small kiss on his mask. it was awkward, but it was fun to tease him. dream completely froze and stopped weakly prying your hand away from the mask that you had a tight grip on. you backed away and stood up, ready to climb your way down those trees and back to your room.

"i'll see you in the morning, dream. love you."

———————————-———————
1102 words

yall better like this one