Chapter 10

Caleb POV

What is going on with my life right now? I use to be able to hide from Dean, but now I'm seeing him everywhere.

I start getting ready and start doing my hair in my bathroom. Today I have to entertain two guys so I can't just roll out of bed and put anything on like I normally do.

I wish I can use the fact that I had a concussion to stay home, but let's be honest they'll just move the bbq to my room. I don't know why my friends are so clingy! I know I'm complaining now, but I'll truly miss them when I'm gone and I know it'll kill some of them, I'm just hoping they forgive Dean.

I shake my head to get the depressing thoughts away, which is hard to do but I'm determined to be happy tonight for my best friend. You only get engaged once and I'm sure Sean's going to milk to shit out of this.

As I step outside of my house I see ivy and Lucy on my front porch. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked curiously, trust me these two are nothing but trouble together. I love them like sisters but also like a sister that can get on my last nerves, it's like they don't understand the word boundaries.

"We're just here to walk you to the bbq, we didn't have time to come see you earlier because we were showing Jamal around," Lucy says sweetly, uh-oh! As they both linked their arms to mine we start the walk to the pack house.

"So Caleb," Lucy starts. "We were thinking," ivy finished.

"Okay stop, I told you guys not to finish each other sentences like that, it's creepy," I told them, which they just giggle at. I don't know how but they're always in sync. It could be because of how close they've been and that they're the only girls in the group. Even though I and Sean are super close, Ivy and Lucy are on a whole different level, their bond is unique, like a mares bond without being mates. I don't know how to explain it. It was more than a friendship but less a relationship.

"We know you haven't found your mate yet," Lucy says sadly.

"That we know of," Ivy muttered under her stupid breath, werewolves, we have super hearing.

"Ivy I told you Caleb hasn't found his mate yet, the group would have told us," Lucy says annoyed. Oh shit, I thought to myself, ivy and her fucking powers.

"Well my powers don't lie, he's purple Lucy, purple means he's found his mate, maybe he doesn't know but he found his mate!" Ivy replied angrily, they're now talking like I'm not in between them right now.

"Caleb, have you found your mate?" Lucy asked looking up at me with those greenish-bluish eyes that Dean has, "not that I know of." I said as I looked away from her, I hate lying to the people that I love but I'm going to tell them soon.

"See enough said, maybe you're wrong about this one ivy," Lucy said looking at ivy.

"Yeah, maybe," Ivy said in a small voice, bowing her head.

Goddess I wish I could just tell her she isn't wrong. "Maybe I did meet them and didn't know, maybe you're both right," I said squeezing ivy arm. I know how sensitive she is about her powers, the pack isn't exactly supportive of those who are mixed species like josh and ivy.

"Well, we do have a surprise for you, don't be mad but we met this guy in college he's half vampire half werewolf and he's single," Lucy says excitedly.

"And since you haven't met your mate and it's clear your not leaving the pack to look for them, you could use a distraction." Ivy finished.

See told you, these girls don't know what boundaries are. "Look," I said stopping our walk. "Thank you for thinking of me, but I'm not looking for a 'distraction' right now, so please send him home," I said the last part slowly so they don't misunderstand me. Lucy and ivy have a way of twisting your words to fit their needs.

"Okay, we hear you." Ivy says smiling, "but we also don't agree with you" Lucy finished. These girls are going to be the death of me. "Just meet him, we brought him all this way, if you don't like him we'll send him home," Lucy said giving me her best puppy dog eyes. No one in their right might can resist giving in to these too.

"First I gotta ask, did you guys kidnap him?" I asked seriously, Lucy and ivy just laugh and continue our walk. "Of course, we didn't kidnap him, we showed him your picture." Ivy started, I looked at Lucy because I know she was going to finish the statement. I don't even think they can help it at this point, I'm surprised ivy and Lucy aren't mates, they are two halves of a whole person. But I guess it makes sense for Lucy to be mated to josh, ivy brother.

"we've been talking you up all semester and he wanted to meet you, we knew you weren't leaving the pack so we just invited him here," Lucy said as we approached the pack house. "If this turns out to be a complete failure I'm going to blame the both of you and never talk to you again," I said seriously, they just laughed again.

"Caleb you said the same thing after we dyed your hair pink in your sleep." This time Lucy stated first and I looked toward ivy to follow but she had a confused look on her face. Lucy must have noticed ivy didn't finish her sentence because she pushed me out of the way and grabbed Ivy by the face.

"What do you see?" Lucy asked worriedly. I look at the both of them confused, when did ivy start having visions? "Dean, I see Dean, he's standing in the middle of a field, he's covered in blood. I see a reddish wolf standing in front of him." Ivy says as she starts to shake.

"Ivy it's okay leave, don't finish the visions!" Lucy yells and tells Ivy I grab ivy by her shoulders, to try to stop her from shaking violently.

"He's going to die, STOP." Ivy screams, and the next thing I know ivy passed out in my arms. "What the hell is going on?" Joshua yells from on top of the steps. I turn to see the gang and some pack members staring at us at the top of the pack house porch steps.

"I don't know what just happened," I say picking Ivy up in my arms. "When did she start having visions?" I ask Lucy, and everyone gasped. I don't think I was supposed to say that out loud.