Chapter 32

Dean POV

Walking down to the dungeon all I heard were smacking sounds followed but grunts. I guess the guards are already working Damon over. Once I entered the bathroom the two guards the held Damon up dropped him and stood in formation to greet me.

"What's going on here?" I asked the guards.

"Sorry alpha, my wolf got the best of me, I lost important people yesterday." the guard told me bowing his head slightly.

"No need to apologize, this man has taken a lot from us," I said, waving my hand. I understood the anger my pack must feel towards this man, that's why I'm considering a public execution, the whole pack should be able to relish in the fact that all our falling pack members will be avenged. I looked down on Damon's already bruised body, images of my mother and his sister kneeling in front of him forced themselves into my brain making me growl in anger. As I was about to attack him, Sean beat me to it and began to wail punches at him. Every time Sean's fist makes contact with Damon's body I hear a cracking sound. I let Sean get most of his anger out before stopping him, Damon cannot die this way. He hasn't suffered nearly enough.

"Just because I saved you from my brother doesn't mean I spared your life, once I'm done with our pack meeting we will be deciding your fate, and I promise you, it will be filled with agony," I said to him before leaving the dungeon with an angry Sean in my arms.

"Sean I need you to calm down, everyone is waiting for us, they've been through a lot these couple of days and need their alpha and the alpha brother to be strong. They need us to be strong enough for them to lean on right now, us crying over mother and father and Lucy is not what this pack needs right now. after the meeting you can let out all the anger you feel but right now I need you to calm down." I explained to Sean.

Sean rejecting anything that had to do with being alpha means he wasn't taught the importance of hiding your emotions in public, of course, our father made sure we didn't cry in public because 'men don't cry' but we were allowed to show anger. Alphas aren't allowed to show anything but calmness, when our packs look toward us they are supposed to see a leader.

"Okay I'm sorry, my emotions are all over the place," Sean said, starting to cry but quickly wiping his tears away.

"That's understandable and I will be here for you, you don't have to deal with this grief alone," I said, hugging him. There wasn't a day that passed these last two years that I didn't miss my brother. I was an only child for so long that when he came around I didn't feel so alone living with mom and dad. Yeah I had Chris, Jacob, and Joshua but they didn't live with me, they didn't know how their alpha acted when they weren't around.

"Guys, I have an anxious pack out there and they would like to hear from their alpha," Chris said entering the pack house.

"We're done here, Do you know what their concerns are?' I asked

"Well their biggest concern is Damon and what are we going to do with him, they want to know if are we safe now or if should we be preparing for another attack tomorrow and finally Ivy." Chris finished with a worried look on his face.

"What about ivy?" I asked,

"Half of them wants to build her a shrine and pray to her like the moon Goddess for saving us and the other half wants her gone, they're too scared of what she can do and thinks at any time she will use her abilities on us," Chris said with a sigh.

"What? Ivy used magic?" Sean asked bewilderedly.

"Yes and she saved our lives, she isn't going anywhere, without her there wouldn't even be a pack anymore," I said sternly, I bought into the fear my father passed on to be about the witches and had to watch my best friend endure the judgment from everyone. Joshua is the best fighter in the pack besides me and he has to work twice as hard to prove he belongs here just because some members feel like he's only half of a wolf. Well, that ends today.