thirty nine

fangirl
chapter thirty nine | no one's point of view.

eileen laid on the bed, just gazing up at her boyfriend in awe

eileen laid on the bed, just gazing up at her boyfriend in awe. he sat next to her, his back up against the headboard of her bed, so he was slightly leaning over her. they were watching a movie, some movie eileen didn't really care much for.

upon feeling her eyes on him, vinnie looks down and looks at his girlfriend with a cheeky look on his face. "what you staring at me for?" he asks, leaning down slightly, so he was at her level.

she just shakes her head, not even trying to cover up the fact that she was in fact ogling him. how could eileen not? she felt so many emotions at once looking at her boyfriend. he was absolutely gorgeous. his curly hair, the dark brown eyes, everything about him was perfect to eileen.

"do you think we would have met if you didn't message me back?" she suddenly asks. his eyes slightly widen, and he bites the inside of his cheek in thought. eileen just looks up at him with a small smile on her face.

"i don't know. it depends, you know? like, you probably would have still moved to los angeles. i don't know how we could have met though," he finally decided. she just nods, leaning in to snuggle into his side.

it had been almost two months since vinnie had asked eileen out, and it had been a blissful time. they were closer than ever. he stayed over at her apartments most nights, and it overwhelmed eileen with happiness every morning she woke up next to him.

though the almost two months had been full of happy moments, they still hadn't told each other that they loved one another. it had only been two months, way too soon to establish such a thing.

but that didn't mean they both didn't feel it.

vinnie knows he loved eileen whenever they were at the skate park months ago. she had gone on a whim of talking about harry styles, and that was the night she finally opened up to him about the struggles she faced.

god, he felt so connected with her that night. he doesn't think he'd ever love someone as much as he loved her, she was perfect in the most imperfect way.

eileen thinks a part of her had already loved vinnie before she even met him. from the moment she saw him, she was infatuated. it was different— before they had started talking. she would watch his live streams and laugh at his jokes, wondering what it would be like to be around him.

and now she was.

and it was the most surreal thing. and she couldn't grasp it. how had she gotten so lucky to date such a guy like him? he was perfect in every single way, he was the guy she had dreamed about since she was little.