Meant to be - Karl Jacobs (AU)🖤💜

A/N: This was sort of inspired by his newest Tales of the SMP stream but not exactly. Any who its kind of sad so beware. It is a little confusing in the beginning but it gets explained through it.

Unknown POV:

I look out the window and watch as the dark storm clouds roll in and the rain gets harder and harder. This storm came out of nowhere. I fold my arms together and pull them in close to my body. I watch the sky and open the window slightly to smell the familiar fragrance of the rain water. As I inhale deeply I hear a loud crack of thunder making my eyes flicker back to the sky.

Suddenly, the breath I had just taken left as my eyes widened. In the middle of the sky a green square spiral was growing larger. My arms come unfolded and I rush to the door. I throw it open quickly and go outside.

The green swirl was growing brighter and larger and it seemed to be a portal. Without warning, a hand shoots out of the portal followed by a body tumbling out and falling onto the dirt below. In a split second the portal closes and disappears. The rain lightens and the clouds start to disperse.

I stumble backwards slightly as I see the body that fell, stand and reveal a brown haired, young man. His face was in the opposite direction of me and I took in his appearance. He was rubbing his head since the impact from the fall made him hit his head.

He is wearing a trench coat that has the same symbol from the portal on the back. He has many watches on each of his arms and copper goggles on the top of his head. He was carrying a bag and there were many books and scrolls inside.

"Uh..Sir? Are you alright?" I say quietly. His head snaps to my face at the sudden sound of my voice. "Hi! Sorry..Did you see anything?" He says quite awkwardly, still rubbing the back of his head but now because of embarrassment.

"Um. A bit." I say shortly. He smiles with his eyebrows raised in concern. "If you could just ignore that...I didn't think anyone would be here. Well in fact there wasn't supposed to be anyone here." He continues and mumbles the last bit while looking at his watches.

My poufy dress, now flat from the rain, sat uncomfortable against my skin as I stood barefoot in front of the young gentleman. "Would you like something to drink? You look like you have been through a lot..no offense." I mutter gently.

He glances upwards at me and nods politely. "Well if you insist." He laughs and begins to follow me inside.

Narrator POV:

The young man followed her inside, continuously checking his watches. She motioned to the small kitchen table and he sat down briskly. "What's your name?" The young lady asked him while putting a small kettle on the stove.

Karl looked up and took a second before answering. "Karl. Karl Jacobs." He said with a tight smile. "And you?" He asked. "Lilian Darkwater. It is nice to meet you Mr. Jacobs." The color in his face drains slightly when hearing her last name.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful lady." He said quietly. She placed down the kettle and cups and sat down slowly. "A charmer. I see. Well Mr. Jacobs, what is it you are looking for here?" She muttered while looking at her cup.

"I was on my way back from something actually. I'm looking for certain...people. I would say." He spoke. She nodded and they sat in silence for a moment. Her eyes flickered to a small charm that was attached to one of his watches. A small rose that had an intricate design with the vines sat on his watch.

A ghost of a smile appeared on her face. "Well Mr. Jacobs I won't hold you back any longer. I hope you find who you are looking for." She said standing up and leading him to the door. He exited the small cottage and turned back to the young woman. "Say hello to her for me. Please." She whispered.

"I-I'm sorry?" He stuttered at the sudden statement. She just smiled up at him slightly and waved goodbye. She shut the door softly and played with the necklace that hung around her neck. The small rose charm cold against the pads of her fingers. 

She had a slight idea of what he was when he fell out of that portal but once she saw her family crest on his watch she knew. Time travel was a tricky thing and she truly did hope he found them again.

Karl stared at the closed door for a moment then turned around and started walking. The green portal showing up suddenly and pulling him forward. He slowly stepped through the portal and into a green pasture above the small country. 'Smoother landing.' He thought to himself.

He watched as the figures below laughed together and a smile came across his face. He put his hood over his head and walked down the small hill. He passed the tall buildings and heard the singing and laughing voices become louder.

The blue uniforms caused a pain in his chest to form slowly. "Excuse me." He heard a small voice say. He glanced at the girl behind him and her light blue uniform. 'Darkwater' was written on the small piece of metal on the left side of her chest by her shoulder.

"Sorry." He said quietly and moved out of her way. "Y/N! There you are!" He heard a different voice call as she walked towards the group. "Sing it again for her Wilbur!" They all cheered and the british man nodded and strummed his guitar again. "Well I heard there was a special place where men could go and emancipate..." The song rang through the air and Karl turned quickly, suddenly feeling suffocated.

He walked swiftly when a sudden green portal popped out of nowhere and he walked through before he could realize. The green land and smiles changed suddenly around him and all that was left was burnt ground and destroyed buildings. The song still rang through the air but the key had changed.

Even when he covered his ears he could still hear the eerie song play. Taunting him. He started to run now. Through portals and portals traveling through history until the song finally ended and he opened his eyes.

The tears in his eyes clouded his vision but not enough to the point where he couldn't see the stone in front of him.

Y/N Darkwater.

Friend, Soldier, and Revolutionary.

"Maybe some things are meant to be?" -Y/N

Forever in our hearts and minds.

He had done everything he could. He destroyed Wilbur's button the first time, he tried to stop the egg and bloodvines, he had gone back so many times. So many tries and attempts to bring her back.

"Maybe some things are meant to be?"

His knees gave out and he fell to the ground with tears running down his face. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He sobbed.

The End

* * * * * *

A/N: I hope you enjoyed that chapter! I really enjoyed writing this and I do plan on writing more AU and DreamSMP chapters.

Please vote, comment, and request.

Quick reminder:

You are loved.

You are beautiful.

You matter.

Drink some water and get a snack, do those missing assignments, and get some rest.

Until next time!

Love every single one of you guys.

xoxo,

Jules.

[Word Count: 1250]