Chapter 31

18th March, 2021

The morning sun rays were making their way through the glass walls of Shumail's room, brightening it naturally, falling on Shumail and Eram's face but it wasn't blinding. It was chilly outside, with cool breeze swaying at its own pace, but Eram was feeling cozy and comfortable, cocooned in the arms of her husband. Unintentionally, she snuggled more into his warmth and bringing her hand up, she wrapped it arounď Shumail's torso and tried to scoot even more closer to him in her sleep, if that was even possible. Shumail was too sleepy to realise that he was pulling her more closer to himself, and also his hold around her form was tight but at the same time, protective.

Eram pried her eyes open and tried to take in her surrounding, and instantly her face lit up with a bright smile when she realised that she was in Shumail's arms. She felt a sudden rush of happiness course through her. His embrace felt unexceptionally good, and it made her heart race faster. She wanted the time to stop in that moment so that she could cherish the feeling of his arms around her. It felt as though she was in a dream, and if it was one then she didn't want to wake up from her sleep.

But her happiness was short lived and soon her reality came crashing on her.

Her happy bubble burst.

She scooted closer to him and supporting her weight on her arm, she raised herself to have a look at Shumail's face. He was fast asleep. She brought her other hand up to his face and held his cheek, caressing his face with her thumb.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me." She spoke to his sleeping form. "But unfortunately, I messed it all up. I ruined our relationship." There was a sad smile plastered on her lips as she spoke those words. She lowered herself and placed her lips on his forehead and gave him a lingering kiss.

Her touch disturbed his sleep and he shifted, wrapping his hand around her and pulling her closer, resulting in her falling on his chest. She was taken aback for a moment but she didn't try to move a single muscle. Her face was pressed againt his chest and she could hear his heart beating rhythmically. It sounded like a melody to her ears.

Eram immediately closed her eyes when she felt Shumail wake up, as she pretended to sleep. Shumail took in his surrounding after opening his sleepy eyes and his eyes landed on Eram, who was in his arms. He brought a hand to her face and placed it on her forehead and then on her cheek to check her temperature, or if she still had fever, and found her temperature normal.

Looking at her petite form wrapped up in his arms, he felt a rush of adrenaline. It was a weirdly odd feeling. It was as if he wasn't in his senses, and he found himself going insane with her scent. His hand, which was on her cheek, began to caress it and her skin felt soft to his touch. A faint voice in him told him to stop but he wasn't sure if he wanted to obey that voice.

He didn't realise he was moving closer to her face and he placed a kiss on her cheek. His hand had moved to her chin and he held it with his forefinger and thumb ever so lightly. His breathing turned heavy and he couldn't top himself from getting more closer to her. Her skin under his touch felt amazing and he wanted to feel more of her. Putting his left hand on her waist, he pulled her more into him and began to trail kisses down her cheek.

Eram was squirming under his touch. His kisses were giving her butterflies in the stomach. She wanted to moan out but she didn't want to let him know that she was awake because she knew he will pull back. She wasn't able to handle it either. It was getting hard for her to fake sleeping. She felt as though she would lose it when he began to trail down her cheek and towards her neck. Her skin was burning because of his touch and her body began to get hot. She wanted to take in a deep heavy breath to calm her nerves.