Chapter 7

20th November, 2018

The morning after was super busy for Shumail for he had directly headed to meet with Mr. Chang and they both had went to the production site. Having just a cup of coffee in the morning breakfast kept him going for the whole day until late in evening when his stomach made a gurgling sound and he took notice that he had skipped lunch. His work was almost done so he excused himself and getting in his car, he had headed back to his hotel suite.

He had grabbed his lunch on his way back so as he sat on a chair in the balcony munching on the fries and burger, he took his cell and opened his chat with Eram, though it was only him who had sent her messages.

It had begun to irritate him that she was continuously ignoring his texts but gulping down his irritation and keeping aside his ego, he decided to text her again. With mouthful of burger and one hand totally messy with the sauce, he typed with his left hand, while munching on his food.

"Hey there! Salam!

How are you doing Eram?

Well I'm not doing good. Have to survive eating fast food *weeps*" He typed making it a little dramatic and pressed sent. Keeping aside his cell as he finished his whole lunch which he was eating nearly in the evening, he really savoured the taste, sighing in content.

Licking his fingers clean as he finished his lunch, he tossed the crumbled box in the bin and again took his cell to check if she had replied. As he opened her chat, he saw she had left him on seen. He had texted her a couple of times since he had been here in Japan and she hadn't replied even a simgle time and when she yet again left him on read this time, he felt hurt and anger right that moment.

"Ms. Azam do you take me for granted?! You've suddenly started behaving so unusual and I'm seriously unable to find out why! Please for Allah's sake tell me the damn matter!" He typed and pressed send in his anger as he roughly tossed his cell somewhere on the couch, gripping his hairs in frustration.

Shumail made a decision that if she doesn't wanted to talk to him then he too wont bother her by texting her. His heart ached on this unusual behaviour of her and not being able to understand the feeling, he brushed her thoughts away.

Two weeks.

He didn't messaged her not let her thoughts have an impact on his mind and thoughts. He avoided her thoughts as if it were some disease. He was already immersed in his work, working until exhaustion, skipping meals and he didn't wanted to add on further stress to his mind.

But he couldn't do that for more than two weeks.

Sat in the conference room alone after his team had left, he loosened the tie around his neck as he placed his head back on the chair, fully exhausted from the day. Taking his cell phone from his jacket, he directly dialled Eram's number, not having enough patience anymore. It kept on ringing but she didn't picked up. Sighing to himself he cut the call, knowing she wont pick it up as he opened her chat to send her a message.

"Please talk to me Eram! I don't know what's bothering you but I'm tired! Please!" He typed and pressed send.

I'm unable to understand what's the matter with you..

He saw she read the message and was still online. He sighed knowing she wont reply this time as well as he shook his head and keeping his cell back in his pocket, he stood up as he hung his jacket on his arm and walked out.