Chapter 12 The Hospital

Hawks POV

Hawks POV

I walked into Tokyo central hospital and made my way past the nurse's desk. I already knew where I was going. I have been visiting y/n every day for the past few weeks since she had been admitted to the hospital.

I've been very depressed and angry always blaming myself and the UA teachers for not protecting y/n. What kind of school isn't able to protect their students. Maybe I could convince y/n to go to regular school and be just a normal citizen. She doesn't need to fight when she has me to protect her.

I finally made it to room 420 and gently knocked on the door.

"Come in," said a man's voice

When I walked in Dr.Light and one of his nurses were checking y/n vitals.

"Hello Mr.Hawks back again" Dr.Light greeted me

"I have to cheek on my protege" the whole staff knew that I was y/n's mentor so it didn't seem strange for me to visit her.

"She seems to be doing a lot better and I'm sure she'll wake up any day now" Dr.Light explained

A huge weight was lifted off my chest and I felt relief to know she would be awake soon.

"We'll give you two some privacy just shut the door when you leave," Dr.light said as he and the nurse left us alone.

When the door was shut I walked over and took the seat beside y/n. I took her s/c hand into my hand and gently squeezed it.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you but I promise I'll never let anyone hurt you again," I said

"What beautiful words," someone said

I released my feathers and pin the intruder to the wall. When I looked up I saw that I had just pinned Dabi. He must have come in from the open window without me noticing.

"Sorry Dabi I was zoned out and didn't notice that it was you," I said

"I understand it been a stressful few weeks with y/n in the hospital," Dabi said freeing himself from the wall and walking over to y/n's bedside "did you mean what you said"

"Of course "my voice showed how annoyed I was with his question

"How do you plan to keep her safe" Dabi asked

I hadn't really thought it through I just assumed she would fall in love with me and stay by my side. However, there was part of me that knew there was a chance that y/n wouldn't want to be with. That thought made me sad and angry; it drove me crazy.