Two| Nightmare

Third Person POV

Chapter Two
Nightmare!

Chapter TwoNightmare!

————

IT WAS QUITE LATE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHEN THE TWO BOYS ARRIVED BACK TO THE Carter household, they stumbled in laughing, not noticing Shelia who was laying on the couch wrapped in a blanket.

The empty girl could easily spot the love bites that covered both of their necks, lipstick stains on their cheeks, their hair had been ruffled slightly. Rolling her eyes slightly, she focused her attention back onto her phone reading through the hurtful comments of her latest post.

In betrayal, her phone began to ring, giving away her position of the couch to which both boys came over towards her. Once again Ryder just gave his signature smirk to the girl he desperately wanted to get one night with.

Opposite to him, Hunter was glaring at his sister knowing she should be asleep having previously taken her medication, his eyes trailed down to her phone he had already read the comments on her post, his eyes softened in sympathy for the fragile girl.

Hunter, he confused a lot of people, although being the richest in the school, and having gained a high status with his fellow pupils. He still made sure that he'd always hang out with sister at school, not wanting her to get picked on. If someone didn't like it then he simply told them to 'fuck off'.

Shelia has always been and will always be the most important girl to him, especially since he practically looks after her. Keeping up with her pills, her therapy, knowing how to calm her down after a nightmare or panic attack.

This was the first time Ryder was actually staying the night at the Carter mansion, he was allowed whenever but Hunter never wanted him to stay because of Shelia's nightmares — people tended to ask questions, leading them to silently judge her, spreading the information around the school.

"Lia, how comes your awake?" Her brother questioned softly, it was as if he had completely sobered up when his eyes landed on his fragile sister.

The blonde just frowned in confusion, when they were younger Hunter despised hanging around his sister, claiming girls had germs. This all changed one summer, only a few years ago something happened, leading to a continuous chain of events — ever since he's been protective off her, he would even drop plans to take care off her.

"Aw is it past 'little Lia's' bedtime?" Ryder teased in an baby voice tone. He had called her 'little Lia' since they were kids. Ryder hadn't seen her for a year since she hadn't been going to school, so he was shocked to see her appear so differently — he thought she was hotter.

That didn't stop him from teasing her.

Expecting some sort of reaction back, he was honestly surprised when instead she muttered an small but meaningful apology, getting up she let her blanket drop revealing her joggers and a grey vest top.

Pushing past the two boys, she went straight into the bathroom, splashing water onto her face before picking up the orange bottle of sleeping pills, taking one over the recommended number, before swallowing them down not bothering to get a glass of water.

Entering her tidy room, she went straight into bed trying to fall asleep, silently praying for a peaceful night sleep. Before she felt herself drifting off slowly after a couple hours.

It hadn't even been an hour since she fell asleep before she were thrashing around, screaming at the top of her lungs, sweat dripped of her forehead, tears running from her eyes.

A pressure came on top of her, to stop the thrashing, pleading for her to wake up. After a few seconds she did so — instead of seeing her usual brother's face she saw Ryder in front of her, with a face full of mixed emotions. Only a couple seconds later, a tired Hunter bursted into the room going straight to his distressed sister, pulling her into his embrace. He glared at Ryder once he noticed him there.

Releasing his sister, he went over to his best-friend, grabbing him by the shirt and pushing him up against his sisters bedroom wall, "What did you do! Did you touch her? I swear—" he shouted in his face unaware he had helped Shelia.

Hunter got cut of by a soft voice, "Hunter stop, he didn't do anything he actually helped. He woke me up, it was another you know...flashback," she reassured him, hoping her brother would release his friend from the tight grip he had on him.

Sending one last look at his best-friend then sister, he roughly let go, "Sorry, for you know...blaming you," he apologised quietly, before going back over to his shaking sister.

"Was it about what had happened again? Or different?" He questioned the brunette girl who wore a distressed expression, rubbing his hand up and down her arm in a comforting manner.

Ryder barely missed what she had replied as she spoke quietly back, "The first one," he watched as Hunter brought his sister into a hug.

Getting the memo this was personal, he went back into the guest room where he was staying. A few minutes later Hunter came in with a knock, "Sorry if that woke you," he told him, "You can see why I don't have people sleep round."

Shaking his head, Ryder replied politely, "I was already awake no worries....is she okay?" He asked cautiously, genuinely concerned to know if the girl he had grown an attraction too were ok.

"Uh, she's fine now, I think. Shelia's just been through a lot, ok?" Hunter replied, not wanting to reveal to much to his friend, happy that Ryder just nodded not asking any more questions.

They spoke for a few more minutes before Hunter got tired returning back to bed. Ryder went onto his phone searching up Shelia on instagram, his eyes widening noticing she had a lot of followers but her comments were disgusting. From sexual comments, to harassment, to body shaming, to inappropriate comments.

That's when Ryder knew, there was a lot more about Shelia that reached the surface, he didn't just wanna have sex with her anymore.

He wanted to get understand her.

—————————