Ten| Disturbing Flashbacks

Third Person POV

Cℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 Ten
Disturbing Flashbacks!

(Mentions rape, sexual assault, violence)

————

APPROACHING HIS SISTERS BEDROOM, HE NOTICED HER CURLED UP ON THE EDGE OF her bed, crying out loudly. Unknown to what had happened he went over to her bringing her into his arms feeling her flinch slightly made his even more worried but also angry.

Had someone touched her?

"Lia? What's going on? What happened?" Hunter questioned softly, not wanting to be loud incase he scared her.

Not receiving an answer he continued on, "Was it the party? Sorry I was inconsiderate. I didn't even think about—" he sighed getting angry at himself before Ryder cut him off dragging him out of the room.

"I'll tell you idiot, she obviously doesn't want to talk right now." Ryder flicked his friends forehead, who smacked his hand away rubbing the spot he flicked.

"Dick," he muttered at the blonde. Standing up straighter he came back to what was happening when he heard his sisters cries again.

"Alright, what happened then? Did someone say something?" he interrogated his best friend, feeling worry build up inside him for his sister.

"I was downstairs, and I had noticed neither one of us had checked on Shelia for a while especially since she hates parties. So I went up stairs to her room and Cole-"

Hunter quickly cut off the older boy after hearing the name he despised, "Cole? What the fuck is that asshole doing in her room? Swear I'll beat his fucking—"

"Shut the fuck up and let me finish!" Ryder shouted in his best friends face knowing this was wasting time which should be spent comforting his sister.

"Sorry...go on."

"Right so Cole was there, and he was on top of her attempting to take off her skirt, he had already taken off her top and he was grabbing her breasts roughly." Ryder explained.

The platinum boy watched as his friends face contorted from a concentrated expression to anger, pity, and disgust.

"He was trying to rape my sister. Gives me more of an reason to kill him — we can make it look like an accident...Shit!" Hunter began to plan, before realising he should go comfort his sister since this has probably brought her traumatic flashbacks.

Cautiously opening the door to his sister's room, he walked inside Ryder deciding on staying by the doorway.

"Shelia? Ryder told me what happened...how do you feel? Are you experiencing flashbacks or ptsd? Shall I call your therapist? He said we can call whenever we like," Hunter rambled, he didn't know how to go about the situation.

As shameful as it sounds, the first time it had happened Shelia their parents were around. It was before they started leaving often — they helped her through everything with Hunter being extra support.

Now they were gone, he had to take the responsibility of his younger sister. He didn't mind he loved his little sister, although it restricts him of doing some stuff he didn't mind. He'll pick her over anything.

Since his parents had left, he had the responsibility of making sure Shelia was no longer self harming, he struggled with that at first since he didn't know there was so many ways to do it and not just cutting. It could be scratching yourself on purpose, or slapping yourself, making yourself not get enough sleep.

For his sister he researched all of it, and even questioning her therapist for how to look out for sighs of self harming. Which leads to his next job.

He had to make sure she went to her therapy sessions since they were very important. She had gone since before her first accident for an eating disorder, and always being quiet since their parents were worried. Luckily for her, Dr. Shelby, her therapist covered a range of support methods so she's had him for a while making it easier for her to trust him.

The last two major responsibilities he had was to make sure she was eating a healthy amount, just to make sure she doesn't go underweight or starving herself again. Lastly to make sure she takes her medication, he had set alarms on his phone so he knew when it was due to take one which Ryder had seen flash upon his phone a few times.

It wasn't that Shelia couldn't do these alone, she could. She also nearly always did, she wouldn't forget sometimes she would just purposely skip something. Hunter just made sure she always did what she was meant to do.

Shelia interrupted her brother of his rambling, "I'm okay, I'm just going to go sleep. Love you," she whispered to him, leaning over to kiss his cheek like she always does to show her appreciation of him not giving up in her.

In the time she turned around, both boys got a glimpse of her bloodshot red eyes, her trembling lip and tear stained face. Which broke both their hearts.

Not wanting to argue with her right now, he knew she was lying but he allowed her to go sleep. Whispering a small okay, and good night back to her. Getting up he turned off her light making a mental note to check her on her through out the night to reassure himself she hasn't done anything.

Exiting the room, Hunter went down stairs to clean the house quickly. Ryder chased after the brunette confused.

"Your just doing to let her go sleep? After what had happened," he exclaimed, sounding as if Hunter was crazy.

"Yes. You don't know her like I do, I'm going to call her therapist see if I can get an emergency appointment tomorrow," he answered back, adding something in a small whisper that Ryder almost missed, "Can't let her relapse"

Still confused, Ryder chose to mind his own business grabbing a bin bag to pick up all the rubbish across the house. That didn't stop questions filling him up.

What did Hunter mean when he said flashbacks?

—————————