L. M. Montgomery

"Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." - L. M. Montgomery

Lucy Maud Montgomery was a Canadian author born in 1874. She published under the pen name, L. M. Montgomery, and was best known for a series of novels that began with one titled, Anne of Green Gables. The book was an immediate success, gaining an international following within Montgomery's lifetime.

Following her first novel, Montgomery published 20 novels, 530 short stories, 500 poems, and 30 essays before passing away in 1942. In 1935, she was made an officer of the Order of the British Empire. Her work, diaries, and letters, have been read and studied by scholars and readers worldwide.

This Week's Questions:

- What are some of your most favorite book series that you've read?

- Have you ever written anything under a pen name like Montgomery did, rather than your full or real name, or would you use a pen name if you were going to write something?

We also welcome any other discussion or comments about L. M. Montgomery or her works.

If you have another author you'd like to see a discussion on, please leave it in a comment below for a chance to be featured in a future chapter!

Resources:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Maud_Montgomery