C.S. Lewis

Happy New Year! 🎊 

We welcome all readers and writers to our weekly discussions. We begin 2020 with an Irish writer who dives into non-fiction and fantasy fiction works, Clive Staples Lewis known as C.S. Lewis (1898 - 1963).

He was born in Belfast, Ireland and then passed away in Headington, Oxford in 1963. He was a scholar where he taught at Oxford University. He was a renowned Christian apologist writer and philosophy. 

His landmark series is The Chronicles of Narnia which consists of seven books features four siblings have been taken in, during wartime, and discovers a magical world of Narnia: talking animals, mythical, and real. There are adaptions of this series in film ranging from the 1979, 1989, and then later on Disney released the newest adaption in 2005.

This discussion welcomes any questions, interests in asking and talking about specific writings and his personal life, what cultural aspects might have influenced him as a writer, and many more.

Let's dive into these questions!

Throughout The Chronicles of Narnia what themes did you detect throughout all seven books? How has it changed you? What chapter or character would you have seen more of? And if you were able to write an alternate ending, what would you add and focus in on? 

We enjoy seeing your responses. We can't wait to read and talk with you.

Please leave in comment below or private message, if you have an author in mind to talk about. We love to add a chapter to discuss the writer.

Thank you! Have fun!

Resource:

C.S. Lewis - Quotes, Books & Biography