Chapter 24

Le Bistro.

Mina remembers where she's heard that name before.

"Hello. Is this the Twice residence?"

"Yes, it is." Mina answers gazing at Nayeon's sweater that's in the laundry bag.

"I'm Ayeong, manager of Le Bistro. I'm really sorry about your loss." The woman speaks in a sympathetic tone. "I'm just here to inform you that we've cancelled the order Nayeon had placed with us. The money would be returned to her account."

"Okay." Mina replies, still staring blankly at the sweater.

When the memory comes back to surface, Mina quickly types the name into google on her iPad and lets out a soft gasp when images of the place comes up. With the view of the sea, the sand, and moonlight lit rooftop, the restaurant looks like it can offer the epitome of romance. This is definitely not the kind of place friends went with each other, it's the kind of place that spoke of magical date nights.

She feels a bile rising up her throat. Nayeon was planning to take her mystery person here. The  muscles in her jaw ache and her lips quiver as she tries to stop the tears that's threatening to stream down her half closed eyes.

She takes a deep breath and steadies herself. She feels pathetic to be jealous of this person, because the past is set in stone. This Nayeon is only a ghost of the past and no matter how much she wishes otherwise, her heart belonged to someone else. The evidence is staring at her from the dimly lit screen.

She rolls around in her bed, sleep eluding her. She waits impatiently until the clock strikes ten the next day. Chaeyoung elbows her in the rib to pay attention to the interview but she ignores her.  She excuses herself quickly during the break and dials the number she's found on the internet.

"Le Bistro."

"Can I speak to manager Ayeong?" Mina asks.

"This is her."

There's no point beating around the bush. She gets straight to the point.  "Can you let me know if there's a booking under the name of Im Nayeon?"

There's a silence on the other end for a while and Mina hears the woman typing on her computer. "There is, for the first of January. Would you like to modify it?"

"I would just like to know the name of the other guest she's booked the night for."

The woman pauses. "I'm sorry that's confidential information."

Mina set her palms flat down on the bathroom counter. She's so close to truth. She feels-knows it. She's not going to be disheartened by some random woman on the phone. "You don't understand. I need to know the information." She pleads.

"I'm sorry." Mina doesn't swear but she really wants to when she hears dial tone at the other end.

"Mina, time for the next shot." Sana's voice sounds outside the door and Mina walks out the bathroom with a steely determination that she's going to get the name from the woman somehow. Myoui women are known for their perseverance, not for giving up.

Later that evening, Mina wonders if Momo is going to get a clue that she's zoning her out. Her mind is preoccupied with making various schemes that even includes kidnapping the manager's cat and getting information in return and Momo keeps rambling on about raw octopuses.

"Nayeon has a secret box everyone." Her eyes fly open when she hears a loud voice ring through the dorm. She sees Jeongyeon protecting herself behind a couch, a set of keys dangling from her hand and Nayeon trying to jump over it, threatening to kill her when she gets her hands on her. "There are letters in it. She won't let me see."

"I swear I'll fucking kill you." Nayeon grunts as she jumps over the couch and Jeongyeon throws the keys to Mina.

Joengyeon yells, "Don't give it to her."

In the past she had given the keys to her. But now she has a mission so Mina steps back from Nayeon who approaches her with oh this target is easy overly-confident smile. She tucks a lock of hair behind her ear and twirls on her heels running from the living room into her room. Nayeon is swift on her feet so she doesn't get to shut the door.

"Just give the keys to me Minayah." Nayeon locks the door behind her to keep Jeongyeon out. Her voice takes a mischievous and menacing tone that sends shivers racing down Mina's spine. She slowly backs away from the older girl.

"Nope." She says, her eyes widening when her shoulders hit the wall. She knows there's no point hiding her hands behind her back because Nayeon is physically stronger. Without thinking she drops the keys down the front of her blouse, into her bra.

She sees Nayeon's eyes dip from her eyes, to the moles on her nose, down to her lips and they continue to travel further. "Nayeon-chan," Mina breathes, when her gaze lands on her chest. "This is private property." Her voice drops an octave.

"I won't trespass." Nayeon licks her lip and Mina finds herself staring at those full and inviting lips. She forgets to breathe because Nayeon brings her hands forward and she's trapped between the older girl's arms and the wall. "No touching you anywhere, I promise." Her hoarse voice utters.

The word touch sends another blush creeping up her cheeks. Nayeon leans in further, and their cheeks are almost grazing, Mina has to fight off the urge to flutter her eyes shut when Nayeon's fingers hover over her throat.

"Not here." She whispers those words close to her ears and Mina's toes curl and she has to suppress a whimper but she refuses to look away from the eyes that's sparkling and burning with something that makes every inch of her being come alive.

"Not here." Nayeon breathes, her finger ghosting over the skin on Mina's collarbone. Mina is not sure how she's still breathing because all the air in her chest seemed to have completely left her.

Tantalising fingers travel southwards. Dark eyes lock onto brown ones. "And definitely not here." Nayeon's hand hovers over her breast and Mina's lips part, she lets out a strangled moan and her eyes flutter shut because she knows she'll come undone if she stared at those intense eyes any longer.

She hears a low chuckle near her ears. "Gotcha."

Nayeon has somehow retrieved the keys without touching her. She opens her eyes and it takes a few seconds to see through the desire clouding them. When the haze clears she notices the keyring magnet in Nayeon's hand.

She waits a few moments to collect herself because she's still breathing heavy and her face is flushed.

Nayeon grins at her, "Didn't trespass."

Cocky little shit. Mina puts her hands to the older girl's chest and shoves her away from her. Nayeon stumbles, falls and laughs.

Mina falls harder.