Chapter 19

Dedicated to sular-sarah

"Pain changes people, it makes them trust less, overthink more, and shut people out."

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Once again, I was unable to sleep and made my way downstairs to get something to eat. I spent yesterday talking with Amber, explaining how I didn't expect to see my sister again, and how she wanted answers that I didn't want to give and that pushed me over the edge.

Amber understood that I needed a break, but she didn't expect me to run off alone to confront Simon; bold of her to assume that I needed help. We agreed on staying here longer to figure things out with the help of Mikayla and Campbell. Its the easiest and best way to go about this.

The front door slowly creaked open, I froze at the entrance of the kitchen wondering which creep was up at this time. The person walks in, closed the door and tried to make their way to the staircase. Their silhouette was the only thing I made out in the darkness. What if it was one of those rogue wolves trying to break in?

My eyes widen, my hands acted on their own and the stranger made an oomph sound crushing to the ground from the impact of my magic. I walked towards them but tripped over something falling on the unknown person in the process.

"Aurelia?" They groaned. Oops, I thought recognizing the voice. Safe to say I overreacted. His hands were wrapped around my waist, whereas I laid on top with both my hands on his warm, sweaty naked chest.

"Cam?" I whisper yelled. "What are you doing up at this time?"

"I went for a run." He explained.

"I thought you were a rogue."

"No rogue can get this far onto the territory, it's highly secured 24/7." He clarified.

"Oh." I felt embarrassed that I panicked for nothing, and attacked him in his own house. I should really get some sleep, I'm paranoid.

"You should stop falling for me." He joked.

"Stop catching me." I smiled. "You almost gave me a heart attack by the way."

"You almost killed me. What did you even hit me with?"

"You're a werewolf it didn't hurt that bad. Next time turn on the lights, not everyone can see in the dark like you, skyscraper."

"So you don't like it in the dark?" I heard humor in his voice.

"Continue and I'll hit you again."

"I haven't started yet." He chuckled. "Couldn't sleep?" He asked. We were laying in the same position, so close that I could feel his breath on me, an earthy scent swirled around him.

"Came here to make a sandwich." I replied.

"I can make one for you." He offered. My mind was clouded by his intoxicating scent, I could barely focus on what he was saying.

"You should go back to bed." I suggested clearing my throat.

"No point in going to bed now, its 4:35, almost time for training and I'm also hungry."