Chapter 21

"Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired."
-unknown

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Aurelia's POV

I woke up to the feeling of being moved. I lazily opened my eyes meeting Campbell's perfect jawline. One of his arms under my legs and other supporting my back with my head rested on his chest.

I was suddenly aware I'm in his arms. When did I fall asleep? How long was I out? I tried moving but he just tightened his hold on me.

"Go back to sleep, Aurelia." He said in a hushed tone.

   ○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

When I woke up again, I was alone in my room. I felt rested due to a blissful sleep. I wasn't grumpy or disoriented, I wasn't awakened by nightmares or disturbing thoughts. Everything felt ok at that moment.

I peeked my eyes open to look at the clock. Five thirty PM. I've been asleep for several hours, I haven't slept that long in years. I can't remember when I had ever slept for more that 3 hours. The first time without an undisturbed sleep.

It all start 16 years ago, when I was sent away from my home, I got separated from everyone I've ever known. No one cared, no one noticed, no one stopped it. No questions were asked.

I was sold off to one of the largest trafficking site in Russia. The other girls there, were younger and older than me. Either kidnapped from their homes or were sold by their families. Their bodies were thin and malnourished due to the lack of food and nutrients.

After a while, everyone, including me, became feeble and skinny, they only fed us when they felt like it, which was rarely ever. The men made sure that we were too weak to fight back but strong enough to stay alive. They placed the werewolves in silver chains and injected them with wolfsbane so the older ones couldn't shift and the younger ones didn't try attacking them and witches were too weak to cast spells.

Even though I was locked away for most of my life, that was the most difficult time for me.

The container, we were kept in, was large, dark and cold. We laid on the freezing metal together, but didn't communicate. We didn't have anything to talk about and we knew that nothing said would help us. We were from different places, making us unfamiliar with each other's presence. We were just terrified little girls.

Every time someone new came in, someone else would be taken away. The process went on. When I was taken out it was at night, a group of men stood outside the container waiting.

It was an auction, I was sold to the highest bidder. The guy was taller and way larger than myself, and extremely scary. He cuffed me, bringing me to a van, inside was another girl around my age. The man carried us both to his place, it was a pack land and apparently he was the alpha. He gave us a small room to share, with two wore out mattresses and thin old blankets.

The girl's name was Mikayla, we introduced ourselves a while after being in the room. She was walking in the forest when they took her away from home. She was an alpha's daughter, the youngest of three children. She was also a Lycan, she explained to me that Lycans are strong and extremely powerful, way more than an average wolf.

I told her about my family and coven, she said that because you are related to someone by blood, doesn't make them family. Your family should always accept you for who you are and the mistakes you make, they should love and care for your wellbeing. I didn't Experience any of that, but Mikayla became my family. We took care of each other.