Chapter XXV- The School

"You sure you're not emo Shuichi?" I teased.

He flushed, "I kind of am, I guess." My childish smile made him smile as he came closer to the front door. "You ready to go?" 

I swung my arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek, "Now I am." 

I took my arms off of him and held his hand in mine. He was even more flushed now than before but he muttered an 'okay' before we went outside.

"Where do you want to go for breakfast?"

"Anywhere as long as it's with you!"

He sighed, "I think I know a place. Kaito recommended it after he took Maki there for a da-" He stopped mid-sentence.

I exclaimed, "They're dating! I knew it was only a matter of time!" Shuichi chuckled.

We made idle chit-chat the rest of the way to a breakfast dinner. If Shuichi trusts the place, I suppose I can too. We went inside and the place was nice with red booths and sleek wooden tables.

A hostess showed us to a table with some menus with a large selection of breakfast foods. We sat next to each other and opened our menus to scan them.

"Do you know what you're gonna get?" I asked.

His eyes scrolled down the menu, "Probably a sausage egg sandwich. Do you know what you'll be getting?"

"Hmm, some pigs in a blanket!" I squealed.

"Pigs in a blanket, unique choice."

"Nishishi~ I am one of a kind!" I chuckled.

He smiled, "Yeah, you truly are."

The waitress came over a few minutes later and took our order then went back to the kitchen. I leaned on Shuichi's shoulder while we waited for our food. It was short-lived as the waitress came back with our food in hand a few minutes later.

Before walking away she smiled and said, "You guys are a really cute couple by the way."

It made me smile and so did Shuichi, then we dug into our food. Well Shuichi dug in, I was only able to eat half of one of my two pigs in a blanket. When I finished what I could, Shuichi wrapped an arm around my waist and smiled at me.

"You want to get a to-go box?" He asked me. 

I nodded, "But it can wait until you're finished with yours." With that, he nodded and continued to eat his sandwich.

Once he finished the waitress came over and asked if we needed any boxes. We said yes and she brought back one for us to use along with the bill. I opened the bill and took my wallet out to place the money inside along with a tip for the waitress.

Taking the box, we left the dinner to go who knows where. Well, Shuichi probably knows where. I followed behind him while humming a tune.

He turned to face me, "We should go back to the house to get your food in the fridge, then we'll go to the school." He took my hand and we went back to the house for a few minutes before leaving to go towards where ever this school would be. "I think we have good timing too, they're going to be doing some tours of the school today."

"Really? Yay! We'll be able to see everything before we're even going to that school!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled while carrying the papers we had filled out earlier. "It probably won't be everything, it's a general tour."

I pouted, "Don't spoil my fun!"

"S-sorry."

We had made it to the school soon after going down the subway train, after switching constantly at different stops to get to it.