Owl >Norman

"Minerva! Guys! Look did you see that?" You pointed into the forest. Having just seen something fall from a tree a ways down.

The others, Vincent, Barbra, Cislo, Zazie, and the groups leader William Minerva all looked to where you pointed. They saw nothing.

Barbra squinted her eyes, "What exactly are we supposed to be seeing."

You waved her off, "Something fell from a tree, I think it was a bird of some sort. You won't be able to see it from here."

You took a step forward but some one grabbed your shoulder stopping you. You turned around. "William, what gives?"

The albino showed no expression on his face, "Where are you going."

"To the thing in the forest that fell."

You boss sighed,"Y/N, we don't have time for this. We have a mission."

"Free the cattle children from Goodwill Ridge." You recited his orders, "I know, I know. But no one is getting shipped tonight, it'll be fine if we're a little late." You brushed Minervas hand off of you.

He looked at you sternly. Daring you to defy his orders. The others all watched in silence, praying for you to have safe passage into heaven.

If there was one thing you knew about William Minerva it's that he only acted cold and intimidating. You knew he wasn't the real William Minerva, the real Minerva wasn't 13. And he wasn't a cattle child. You knew whoever your boss was this wasn't his real name, but you didn't know what else to call him so you stuck with his alias.

Because of this you were unthreatened by his glares and wasn't afraid to deny his orders like the others were. You gave him an equally defying look and darted into the woods.

"Y/N!" You heard him call after you but you ignored him.

You finally reached the area were you saw the creature fall. You looked around, not seeing anything. You hummed thinking we're the thing could be.

"Who"

  The small noise snapped you out your thoughts. Your eyes searched for the owner of the noise.

"Who"

You looked to the ground in front of a tree. Then you saw it, a little baby owl, tangled up in thorns that wrapped around the tree.

"Aww, you poor thing!" You cried and rush over to the small mammal. The owl squirmed as you approached it, only making itself more tangled in the briers.

"It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you." You spoke calmly. You gently removed the briers from its small body and held the scared baby close to you.

It 'whoed' quietly and you set the owl down on the forest floor. It tried to fly but ended up falling.

"Hmmm. Your wing must be hurt, little fella."

The owl looked up at you with its big yellow eyes cutely. You smiled at it.

"Y/n."

Your happiness faded as you heard Minerva approach. You scooped the owl in your arms and braced yourself for a scolding.

"Y/n we don't-.....what is that?" The albino pointed to the owl in your arms.

You smiled, "it's an owl. I think I'll name him Brier. Isn't he cute?"

"His wing..." Minerva pointed to the feathered appendage. It was hanging limp instead of being tuck into its body like normal.

"Oh, yeah. It seems to be broken, I was going to treat it." You looked up the tree he fell from, "He's only a baby, I think he maybe fell from a nest. Either way. I can't put him back, the mother won't except him now that I've touched him. She wouldn't anyway now that he's injured." You held the mammal close.

"Your saying your keeping it?" Your boss raised a brow at you.

You nodded confidently, "yes, I am." And without another word turned and started back towards the hideout. Small owl (now named brier) in arms.

Minerva, or as we all know him, Norman watched your retreating body and smiled. He had always admired your confidence, and bravery. Your cared so much for others you always forget to take care of yourself. You were the only thing that made ending up in that hellhole Lambda all worth it in the end.

Norman loved you. He just didn't know how to say it.

"Y/n. Wait up!"

Idk wtf that was but whatever. I suck at these.
In my defense it is 1 AM so.....
I wish I had internet to post more often.
Oh well, see ya next time.