Watching Over Us >Don

Oliver
Sandy
Zack
Gillian
Nigel
Violet
Sonia
Paula
Lucas
Pepe
And Adam

Don counted the people with his fingers. Was that everyone from Goldy Pond? Keeping up with everyone was hard sometimes, there was so many.

He was sure that he always counted everyone correctly twenty-six including him. But sometimes he would see one girl that always managed to escape the count.

He didn't see her much, sometimes he saw her in the reference room, or wandering the halls of the shelter. he never saw her talk to anyone, to be completely honest he thought she might be a ghost.

Maybe one of Yugos deceased friends watching over all of them.

"Hey Oliver." Don approached the white haired boy.

"Hey Don, what's up?"

"Have you seen a girl around here? She's about this tall." Don gestured at her height, "H/C hair, really quiet. I think she might be from Goldy Pond."

Oliver smiled and nodded knowingly, "Yeah, that's Y/n."

Dons eyes sparkled. Y/n, what a pretty name.

"She's really quiet." Oliver continued, "She's from the Glory Bell farm, then ended up at Goldy Pond. She doesn't talk much, she's been through a lot, realized the truth of the farms and has been devastated ever since. She couldn't save her brother from Levius...I think she blames herself."

Don frowned feeling sympathetic for the girl.

Oliver smiled, "I'm sure you'll be able to get along nicely, though. She's very kind hearted and gentle."

Don nodded, "Thanks, Oliver." And with that he paraded off to find you.
.
.
.
.
Well, finding a girl who was practically a ghost was a lot easier said than done.
He'd spent all day narrowly dodging chores and sneaking around the bunker just to find you. He'd even skipped diner. But it was all in vain. You were nowhere in sight..

He sat there at the dining table in his sorrow and slowly felt himself nodding off. He wasn't sure when he dozed off but he soon woke up to the warmth of a blanket being placed on his shoulders.

His eyes widened and he jolted awake.

"Ghost Girl!" He shouted suddenly.

You jumped back in surprise, he turned around in his chair to face you. You scrabbled to get the blanket off the floor.

"U-uh sorry, so sorry. Y/n!" He frantically stood and bowed in apology. You hugged the blanket close to you nervously.

Don sweat dropped, way to make a good first impression.
"Oliver told me your from Glory Bell. I'm from Grace Field, myself." He sat back down and gestured for you to sit next to him.

You hesitantly sat not saying a word. You nodded confirming that you were from Glory Bell.

"I'm Don." The tanned boy held out his hand.

You stared at it for a while before shaking his hand.

"Thanks for the blanket, sorry I freaked out and threw it off." He grinned.

It was a cute grin, you birdied your face in your blanket to hide the pink dusting your cheeks.

You both sat looking at each other, the dead silence was starting to become awkward. Don scratched his head nervously.

This wasn't a topic he really wanted to bring up, but her couldn't think of much else. "I heard you had a brother back at Glory Bell? You both ended up in Goldy Pond together?"

You flinched at the mention of your brother, memories came flooding back to you. How happy you were then, no monsters, no worries.

Then to find out it was all a lie.
Everyone of your siblings.
Dead.

Tears pricked your eyes and you buried your face in your blanket and sobbed. Don felt guilt tugging at his chest, he didn't mean to make you cry. Man, he really sucked at first impressions.

"I-I'm so sorry! Please don't cry, that must be sad for you to remember. I shouldn't have brought that up, please forgive me." He pleaded, folding his hands together.

Your sobs died down, and you looked up at the boy, his head was down in apology. You sniffed, "Tomiyoka." (NOT demon slayer 🙄)

Don looked up, "huh?"

"M-my brother....his name...is Tomiyoka." You breathed out. "He...was killed. By Leivus." Your eyes narrowed with hatred. "I couldn't protect him so-"

"Hey!" Don interrupted you, "Don't say that. I'm sure you did all you could." The brunette smiled softly, "Don't you worry. Your brother, the other kids from Glory Bell and Goldy Pond. Their looking out for us, in the stars." He gestured to the surface.

You blinked and smiled. "That is very comforting, Don. Thank you."

He smiled.

"Who's looking over you from Grace Field?" You questioned.

This question caught him off guard, he hesitated for a moment be for giving you a sad smile. He looked up to the ceiling, imagining the stars.

"I guess...Norman. I know he's looking out for us, he gave his life to make sure we all escaped. And of course Conny...she was very sweet. I always thought of her as a little sister. Although she's only six. If she's looking over us, sometimes I wonder if anyone is looking over her." He sighed sadly.

"Maybe...our siblings can look after each other. And me and you can look after each other for them.How does that sound?" You asked sweetly, attempting to comfort him.

Don smiled at you, "Yeah, that sounds great."

God, how do you END a one-shot!?
I have good stories I just SUCK at endings (and writing but I can't do much about that so..)
Have a good day y'all. Maybe read a book that DOESN'T suck like mine...
Change by absolute_bullsnake is REALLY good. It's a TPN various x reader.
Get good grades. Eat healthy. Be kind to yourself. And stay safe out there.
BYE! 😘🤌