xviii. Family Values

━━ chapter eighteenfamily values

━━ chapter eighteen
family values

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

    ━━Vikings have a strong sense of community. It's important for Vikings to be a part of a family, and to celebrate that connection. For Gobber, Bork Week was important to him especially. Valkyrie often forgot that Gobber the Belch was a lasting relative of the Bork the Bold. (Of course, he wasn't always called that. He had a name before that: Bork the Unfortunate, but that's a story for another time). Without Bork, the Book of Dragons would have never existed, and they wouldn't be where they are now. Sure, back then, dragons were killed, but he was the first to take a moment and look at the dragons and try and understand them.

    For Bork Week, the Dragon Riders had a special chance to show off their training: a parade across Berk.

    And to do this, they had to practice their dragon calls.

    As Hiccup finished his call to Toothless, he glanced back at the others watching, hoping they understood. Snotlout scoffed, crossing his arms from where he sat on the fallen branch in the cove. "That's why you brought us out here? To honk into the wind?!"

    Fishlegs rolled his eyes. "Just wait, Snotlout."

    "Dragon calls," Snotlout scoffed, taking out a medallion from his pouch. "Whatever." Holding it up against the sunlight, he tried to hold in his snickers at the Twins who followed the beam of light darting back and forth like domestic cats.

    Hiccup arched a brow. "Uh ... guys?"

    Snotlout snickered. "Idiots."

    Valkyrie looked up from where she was making a new flower crown by the water. "Snotlout," she chided.

    "So stupid..."

    "Seriously?" sighed Hiccup.

    "What?" Snotlout shrugged. "It's fun." At the looks on their faces, he rolled his eyes and put the medallion away. "Fine!"

    The Twins gasped when the light disappeared. Tuffnut slammed his hand on the grass. "Ugh! Gone again."

    Hiccup sighed and returned to his dragon call. Cupping his hands to his cheeks, he let out a loud warble that he had perfected to sound very similar to that of a Night Fury's. The riders all looked to the edge of the cove, expectant.

    Snotlout threw his head back, "Aaaaaand nothing. Can we go now?"

    Toothless's roar echoed across the trees. Snotlout fell silent. Astrid smirked, crossing her arms and jutting her hip out. "You were saying?"

    The Night Fury hopped down, just in time for Valkyrie to finish her flower crown. She showed it to him and he grinned, bouncing over and lowering his head so she could set it on. Snotlout gagged. Looking away, he mumbled. "Fine. I hate to admit it, but that was pretty cool."