17. Dying

Aleena walked down 6th and broadway sipping piping hot raspberry tea as she approached Oscorp. She was once again meeting with Felicia to learn more about the company. She held up a pass Harry had given her to allow her complete access to the building. The guard nodded to her and she continued her way to the top floor of the building where Felicia's desk was right outside Harry's office.

She stepped off the elevator taking another sip of the tea and walking towards the brunette.

"Hey Felicia." Aleena greeted with a smile.

"Hi Ms. Watts, Mr. Osborn is waiting for you in conference room five."

"Oh, alright."

Aleena went back into the elevator and stepped off on the seventieth floor and walked into the conference room where Harry was waiting and to her confusion so was Peter Parker.

"Aleena, you're finally here."

"Sorry if I kept you waiting, you could've told me you wanted me to meet you here." She replied giving him a side hug. "Hi Peter." She greeted the messy haired boy with a small smile, he looked as if he hadn't slept all night.

"Hi. So how do you two know each other?" Peter asked looking between Harry and Aleena while his mind screamed 'please don't say she's your girlfriend' on repeat.

"Oh Aleena here is my baby cousin."

"What?" Peter asked confused, Aleena had never told him about being related to Harry osborn.

"Yeah, we didn't know for a long time until just last year around the same time that lizard guy went crazy." Harry explained with a small smile, Aleena avoided peters eyes nervously. "So how do the two of you know each other?"

"It's complicated." They answered in unison before a look of realisation came over Harry's face.

"So hes the guy... and shes the girl...." He muttered to the younger teenagers in the room surprised.

"Yeah, so why'd you call us here harry?" Aleena asked quickly turning uncomfortable under her cousins stare.

"Oh right. I'm dying, my oh so generous father not only passed down his fortune but his disease as well, you are very lucky you don't have it." Harry explained and nodded to Aleena at the last bit, Peter bit his lip uncomfortably and looked down at the table. "But I found a video that could help save me."

Harry pressed play and the TV in the conference room lit up with three figures in a white lab. Aleena recognized them as Norman Osborn, Richard Parker and Alexander Osborn. Her dad.

"You're looking at the first human-spider hybrids." Norman said to the camera.

"And the hope is to extract the venom from their glands and turn that into a cure. An agent that heals diseased cells." Her dad explained and Aleena's eyes watered.

A feint "Daddy!" called from the background, Aleena leaned forward resting her elbows onto the table and covering her mouth with her hands.

"Oh, that's my daughter. Hold on a second. Hey bug!" Her dad said enthusiastically, he picked up a smiling blonde three year old in pigtails. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with mommy?"

"I missed you daddy." 

"Oh I missed you too bug." Alexander glanced back at the other men in the room before turning to the camera. "Say hi to everyone bug!" He encouraged his daughter.

"Daddy, that's a camera." She whispered.

Alexander laughed and nodded. "Yeah I know bug, but people are going to be watching the video we make on the camera."