𝕡𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕚𝕟 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨

𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 2
𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 8
Lyra's Outfit! ^^^

❄︎

𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐄𝐒𝐒 finished up with their little scheme later that night. They had drawn out a body shape in front of Doose's Market. Just to muddle with the owner, Taylor Doose.

Lyra at first was skeptical about this. Thinking that she would get in trouble. Though, Jess reassured her he wouldn't let anything happen to her.

The next day they stood across the street of the market. Watching how it became crowded from the dramatic appearance of police cars.

Jess stood there watching the chaos, while Lyra was ranting on about how it's unfair that she gets a limited amount of dessert.

"I just don't get why." Lyra groaned. "Why can't I just have chocolate all the time. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't see a problem with it."

Jess glanced at her for a moment, amusement swirling in his eyes. "You'll get sick if you have too much chocolate."

She shook her head. "Nope. I'm immune from chocolate sickness."

The brother scoffed and shook his head. He then peeked back at the commotion, nodding his head to it. "Look at how freaked this is."

The girl turned her head to where he was looking, and her eyes widened. "I thought you said we wouldn't get in trouble!"

"We aren't." He confirmed. "I am."

"But, that's not fair. I don't want you to get in trouble."

Jess shrugged. "And I don't want you in trouble."

The younger Mariano huffed and crossed her arms, trying to make a point that she was upset.

When she realized Jess wasn't saying anything back, she turned to see what he was up to. He stood there glancing at something in the distance, a small grin on his face.

She followed his gaze, only to find a someone and not a something. Rory — but also Noah standing by his sister, already looking at the Mariano girl with a small smirk.

Lyra blushed and looked down to make her hair cover her flushed face. Though, she tried to ignore it and turned to her brother with a smirked and leaned up. "Oh, bubba has a crush." She said in a sing-song voice.

Jess rolled his eyes with a scoff and turned to her, though his expression changed from annoyed to confused. "Why is your face red?"

Her eyes got bigger and squeaked out a "nothing".

Jess narrowed his eyes at her, but shook it off. "Let's go back to Luke's and read, hm?"

The innocent Mariano's features brightened, and she bounced on her toes. "Yes! Let's go!" And she was skipping away.

While in the distance, Noah watched with a soft grin.

❄︎

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 at Luke's and sat on the mattress upstairs. Jess was lying back with Lyra rested on his shoulder and a book in his hand.