𝕒𝕕𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖

𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 2
𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 8
Lyra's Outfit ^^^

❄︎

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 precisely 2 days since Lyra confessed Noah kissed her on the cheek. And during those two days, Jess has been watching her with a hawk eyes. The primary cause being sadness.

That may be awful, but nothing compared to the look he kept giving Noah. If looks could kill, Noah would have been in China 12 feet underground.

So with that information. You would say it didn't go so well.

❄︎
Tᴡᴏ Dᴀʏs Pʀɪᴏʀ
❄︎

"𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻?!"

Jess's voice snapped. From that, you could tell he was furious. An angry look that you couldn't describe was on his face.

If Jess reacted like this to a kiss on the cheek. Just imagine how much angrier he's going to be with Lyra's other firsts.

Though, with the shout, it caused Lyra to shrink in her seat and her eyes glaze over with tears. Her and yelling have never gone well together.

Jess noticed this and softened his features, once knowing what he had done. He mentally kicked his own ass for scaring his own baby sister.

Lyra was freaking out. Her breaths became more shallow and her body started trembling.

"Lyra?" Lorelai called, seeming to notice the young girl's change in behavior.

Lyra didn't answer to her call, so she tried again. "Lyra? Honey?"

Lyra snapped her head up to the older Gilmore, registering the words she was saying.

"Y-yes?"

"Honey, you're shaking." Lorelai pointed out, her eyes showing obvious concern.

"I-I'm f-fine."

Lyra could see Jess step forward in her peripheral vision, causing her to freeze and watch closely.

"Lyr- "

"No."

The younger Mariano rarely says no. Especially this sternly. She didn't want to see her brother though. Let alone talk to him.

So with that she glanced around the diner, blankly staring at the eyes observing her. Her eyes glossy and saddened.

She cleared her throat. "I-I'm going to bed-d."

With that, she stood up and rushed past her brother and uncle, sprinting up the stairs to the apartment.

❄︎
Pʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ
❄︎

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐖 an hour past midnight and Lyra was fast asleep. She still had to share a mattress with Jess, but she wouldn't be picky with it.

Jess was still awake. He made up this plan that he would get Lyra up, take her to the craft store, get the supplies, and play a harmless prank on Taylor Doose.

So, here he was leaning over his younger sister, whispering her name. He shook her to make it easier.

Lyra whimpered and started becoming conscious. She gradually opened her brown doe eyes and blinked a couple times to alter.

She glanced up at Jess and glared at him. Though to the older Mariano, it was an attempted glare.

"C'mon. We're going on an adventure!" Jess whispered excitedly, adding to the convincing.

Lyra lifted her head up at the word. "Adventure?"

He nodded. "Yes, an adventure. So get up and get a jacket."

Lyra got up quicker than Jess's eyes could process. Though he quickly tried to stop her.

He gently grabbed her arm to stop her from running. "Shh. You gotta be quiet."

Lyra nodded, glancing behind Jess to see her uncle asleep, snoring away.

The innocent Mariano softly tiptoed her way to her jacket that was thrown onto a dresser.

She slipped it on and turned to her brother, giving him a thumbs up. Signaling that she's ready to go on this supposed adventure.

Jess grinned towards her and rushed to the door, trying not to make any noise. Lyra following right behind him.

Soon enough they were down the stairs into the diner. She then looked to her brother, her mind full of questions.

"So, where are we going?" She asked with a skip in her step. Quirking her head to the side.

Jess turned back and smirked at her teasingly. "We're going."

She pouted. "I now that, but where?"

"A place."

"What place?"

"A building."

"Why are you so mean?"

"Because I love you."

Lyra paused and stared at her brother with a grumpy look. "That's not love. That's being mean."

Jess shrugged and tossed his arm over her small shoulders. "Same thing."

Lyra was about to argue back, but she was cut off by Jess abruptly stopping. Almost causing her to fall, as she almost walked into him.

She looked up to see what had caused her older brother to halt. Once she did, she noticed they stood before a craft store.

With furrowed eyebrows, she glanced over at Jess. Her eyes swirling with confusion. "Why are we here?"

"You'll see."

❄︎

A/N:

Hello everyone! I'm sorry that this was a brief chapter, only being over 800 words. But I knew I had to get something out there, but I assure you that the next chapter will be its regular length of 1000 to almost 3000 words.

Again, I apologize. I'll update again soon.