19. Care

Clutching your bag, you walked down the school hall nervously. After three weeks, you were finally back. And it seemed that everyone had noticed.

You never really considered yourself to be popular, despite your friends who had quite the reputation. And you liked it that way. Minding your own business, not having any drama or trouble. But right now, it seemed that everyone knew you, by the way they were all staring at you and murmuring about you as if you had committed a crime or something.

"She's back? Oh my god. Did you hear about what happened?" One of the girls muttered to their group.

"Wasn't that new guy stalking her? That sucks, I thought he was kinda cute." Another said.

"Well, I heard she slept with a whole group of people and got them arrested."

You sped up the pace, jogging over to your locker where Naruto and Sasuke were waiting.
Letting out a relieved sigh, you leaned up against the locker, letting Naruto hug you. Letting them make you feel safe.

"How're you holding up?" The Uzumaki questioned.

"Fine, I guess." You shrugged, rubbing your arm. "Have you heard what they've been saying about me? Someone literally told me they thought I was dead."

"Don't listen to what they say. People around here, they're idiots. They always come up with the craziest rumors. Just ignore it." Sasuke told you, making you smile.

"Thanks, Sasuke." You saw his lips quirk upward slightly in an almost smile before it turned back to a frown. It seemed he was getting all soft on you.

"Well, now we get to read Shakespeare for the eighty something minutes, yay." You said in a mock enthusiasm, closing your locker and walking over to the class, the two boys following behind.

You had to admit, going back to school was sort of nice. You could finally see Naruto and Sasuke a lot more often. And you missed them, a lot. They were all you had anymore, well, besides Kiba.

--

"(Y/n), can I talk to you after class in a minute? It won't be for long, if you don't mind." Mr. Hatake asked and you had no idea what this was about. You prayed you weren't in trouble for anything.

"Oh sure." You answered hesitantly.

"What did you do?" Naruto teased, hearing your brief conversation with the English teacher.

"Maybe he heard me say Ichia wasn't 'the greatest romance novel of all time.'" You remarked, making the boys snicker.

"I have to talk with another student, why don't you wait outside, (y/n)?" Mr.Hatake said to you.

You nodded and collected all of your things, standing out in the hall with Naruto and Sasuke. "Shouldn't you guys go? You're going to be late."

"Hey, if you get to miss class, then we do too. Y'know!" Naruto exclaimed, making you chuckle. "Alright, I guess. But if you get in trouble, that's on you."

"Angel face!" A familiar voice called out, grabbing your attention. Turning around, you spotted the brunette dog loving boy, smiling to yourself.

"Kiba! I missed you." You hugged him, not even noticing the jealous glares burning through your back.

"Missed you too, girlie."

"Girlie? You're such a dork." You giggled, flicking his nose. Were you....flirting with him? Naruto and Sasuke were enraged.

Before you two could continue your conversation, Mr.Hatake called you back to the classroom. "Well, I gotta go. See you guys later."

So, you left, leaving Naruto, Sasuke, and Kiba all alone. It wasn't a good combination.

Kiba grinned at the two, turning away to leave, before getting stopped by Naruto. "Listen dog breath, (y/n)'s ours. So don't even try to think that you can take her."

"I don't see your name on her. And last time I checked, this isn't the eighteenth century. You can't just own people. She isn't your property." Kiba remarked, still as smug as ever.

"What Naruto's trying to say is. (Y/n)'s our best friend. And if we catch you putting your grubby hands on her, you're fucked." The Uchiha threatened. 

But that didn't scare Kiba. Not one bit, no. It just made him angry. "Fuck off, rich boy."

"What was that?" Sasuke gritted his teeth, grabbing the dog lover's collar and slamming him against the locker. Normally, Sasuke could keep his cool in these types of situations, but there was something about him when it came to you, something about him that wants to just lose it all.

"Sasuke, the teachers are looking," Naruto muttered to him, not trying to get into any more trouble as it is.

"I know that!" Sasuke snapped at the Uzumaki, reluctantly letting Kiba go. Naruto hadn't seen him this irritable in a long time. Not since-

"I didn't forget what happened with Haku and that guy. Everyone else might've, but I haven't. I'm going to protect (y/n) from you freaks, even if I have to die trying." Kiba told them, before storming off into the halls.

--

"So, what is this about?" You asked nervously, taking a seat.

"I just heard about what happened and I wanted to check on you and make sure everything's okay." That's what this was about? You let out a small breath of relief, smiling.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I'm fine." But it seemed that he wasn't buying it. He gave you a skeptical look, cocking an eyebrow.

"When someone says they're fine, they're never fine. Now you don't have to tell me what's happening, but I'm here to help. And just so you know, I'm not telling your parents about this."

"I'm okay. Like actually okay. I was a little scared for a while, and being here was a little weird. But I'm okay now, especially since I'm with my friends." You answered, being completely honest this time.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. If you need to talk or anything, you can always come to me alright?" He told you.

"Got it. Thanks, Mr.Hatake." You got to your feet, turning to the door.

"Oh and (y/n)? I know Naruto and Sasuke can be a handful, but I'm glad you're all getting along. Good luck with the rest of it." You didn't like that last part. The rest of it? What did he mean? It was super creepy and mysterious and it sorta freaked you out.

--

"So, what happened with Mr.Hatake?" Naruto questioned, while Sasuke walked off, not even listening to your conversation.

"Nothing really, he was just making sure everything okay. But not gonna lie, he's sorta hot. Mmm, I just like the dilfs you know?" You laughed, Naruto rolling his eyes.

"Can you be mature for one second, (y/n)? That's disgusting. You're both so annoying." Sasuke said before storming off.

"What's his problem?" You asked, glaring at the emo teen's retreating form.

"He just had a little problem with his parents, that's all. Now c'mon." You looked at Naruto skeptically, reluctantly following after. If only he wasn't such a horrible liar.

(A/N: Soccer Tryouts have been killing meee ugh

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!