2. Studying & Ramen

Naruto groaned to himself,  running a hand through his blonde hair and tugging at it softly. He was really regretting not paying attention during math class.

But how could he when you were sitting right next to him? So close that he could smell your shampoo and sweet perfume, so close that he could take note of all the cute little habits you had, like when you would twirl around your pencil when you're bored, or when you would smile to yourself while  deep in thought.

Now he had to pay for his mistakes by flunking this stupid quiz. Unfortunately, Hinata wasn't in this class so he couldn't ask her for answers, and Sasuke never helped either.

"Naruto, psst, Naruto!"' You whispered, grabbing his attention. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just, I don't get this." Naruto admitted quietly.

"I could help-" You shut your mouth when the teacher walked past the two of you, giving you both an intense, terrifying look.

Well, never mind then.

You thought to yourself, turning back to your quiz and finishing it up.

--

"I'm sorry Naruto. I wanted to help, but you know how intense Mr.Yamato is with cheating." You told him.

About two weeks had passed and you were still getting adjusted to your new high school. Naruto was a big help and a great friend. He was also super fun to hang out with, like a big energetic ball of sunshine. He was the only friend you had right now. There was also Sasuke, but he barley even said a word to you besides assholish stuff, and you wouldn't consider him a friend.

You still weren't great at this whole friend-making thing, and even though you moved around once or twice, you still found it hard to let go and get used to things like your parents could. And being around Sasuke did not help one bit.

Especially since almost every girl (and some guys too) in your grade and school including freshman and seniors were obsessed with Sasuke. Every day when you walked down the hall with them, you would watch as the girls fawned over him, glare at you jealously, and then shout the same couple of phrases at him.

"I love you Sasuke!"

"Step on me!"

"Rail me, please!"

You sort of felt bad for him. There was no way he could be comfortable with any of that, but it seemed like he was used to it by now.

"Oh, no, it's okay, I get it. I probably should've just paid attention to his teaching." Naruto grinned, rubbing the back of his blonde head.

"Well, if you ever need any help, we could go out and study sometimes." You offered with a shrug.

And that's all it took for the Uzumaki to be bouncing off the walls. "We could? Really? Ooh I know just the place, believe it! Let's go tonight! Pleaseeeee."

"Oh, I don't know, it is a school night." You murmured hesitantly. But one look at those pretty cerulean eyes and that cute puppy dog face of his changed your mind. "Alright, fine, fine. I'll go."

"Yes! And I bet we can get Sasuke to come too! Ooooh, this is gonna be so fun!" He exclaimed, as excited as a child on Christmas Day.

So you guessed you were going to spend your evening with Naruto and Sasuke. Cool.

--

There you sat with Naruto and Sasuke, at the cute little ramen shop. It seemed like they both went here a lot, and it was cute to see Naruto talk with the adorable old man who made the ramen.

"Here you guys go, on the house." The elder cook said, placing the bowls on the table.

"Aww, thanks Pops! You're the best!" Naruto grinned, grabbing the dish and digging in quickly. You watched in awe as he finished half the bowl while you had only broken your sticks.

"Consider it a welcome gift for your new pretty lady friend." He told Naruto, flashing you a friendly smile.

"Ah, right, Teuichi, this is (y/n). She just moved here and she's a new friend of mine. And (y/n), this is Teuichi. He owns Ichiraku."

You reached over the counter, shaking his hand. "You know, I have a daughter around your age, maybe I'll introduce you when she's working."

"That'd be nice." You said with a shrug. Then you turned back to the boys, seeing that Naruto had completely finished his bowl and was ordering another. "So, you guys come here a lot?"

"To Ichiraku's? Oh yeah. Sasuke, Sakura, and I have been going here since we were in middle school y'know?"

You lost your appetite at the mention of Sakura. Even though she was a bitch, you couldn't help but feel guilty. Ever since you came along, it seemed like Sakura faded into the background. It wasn't fair for someone even like her to lose her closest friends. But, you knew it was none of your business, so you didn't say anything about it.

After finishing up with the food, you and Naruto began to study and do homework while Sasuke worked by himself.

"Hey, (y/n)? Can you explain this to me? I don't think I get it." Naruto said, scratching his head. "Sure, which part?"

"Uh, all of it?" The whiskered boy admitted, his cheeks burning in embarrassment. You giggled, then beginning to explain the whole theory to him.

But as you continued talking, your words just became noise to him, and he got distracted again. This time, it was by the way your skin glowed in the dim lights of the restaurant and how your lips shimmered beautifully.

So pretty.

His eyes focused on your mouth as you spoke, wondering what flavor lip gloss you were wearing. His guess was strawberry. But then Sasuke kicked him, snapping him out of his daze.

"Ow!" Naruto winced, glaring over at Sasuke, who mouthed the words "pay attention" to him.

You smirked at Naruto, shaking your head at him, silky (h/c) locks bouncing. "Would you like me to go over it again?"

"Yes please."

--

"Man, that was good. I'm stuffed." Naruto said, patting his somehow flat stomach. The three of you finally finished doing homework and studying, and were now walking back through the city.

"You ate like four bowls in like five seconds. How are you not puking?"  You questioned in amazement.

"Trust me, four bowls is nothing. On a really good day, I eat eight." He told you proudly.

"Woah." You laughed, stopping at the end of the block. "I think I can walk home from here. But um, thanks, guys! Tonight was awesome. You're great to hang out with, Naruto. And you too, Sasuke."

Naruto thanked you while Sasuke mumbled a little "whatever" and the two watched as you walked off into the night. If only you knew how infatuated the Uzumaki had become.

(A/N: Yuhhhh I hate chemistry and had a break down over it today 😳

Also get ready for a spam update y'all even tho these chaps are hella long hehehehe

Anyways thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment & vote!