Chapter 2

It wasn't difficult at all to become part of the team as if he'd always been there. They now knew him well enough to not be bothered by his uncaring demeanor and blank stares. And they also grew accustomed to the blunt statements he threw out there with a deadpan expression. Now, he was able to do anything and they wouldn't think twice about it. It was all going according to plan, especially when he was called to a briefing on the sudden practice game against MSBY Black Jackals.

They were playing a video on the screen and the coach was pointing to the players on it. "There are plenty of strong new recruits that the coaches want to have some experience before the season starts, and it happens that's the case with us, too. This is not going to be an easy game, and our first problem is Miya Atsumu.." Suna drowned out the man's voice as something in his chest started pounding against it. He gripped at his shirt over the spot with a frown. He forgot that these bodies had things like hearts inside of them. What he didn't understand was why it was pounding so fast. He couldn't have gotten sick, that should be impossible.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Komori whispered as he leaned in close to Suna.

"My heart's racing, why's that?"

Komori laughed softly as if it was a joke, and Suna was mildly irritated that he let them never take him seriously. "You're really that excited about this game?" Excitement? Is that what it was? Yeah, he nodded to himself, that makes sense. I must be excited, there's no other reason. "Is it because of Atsumu? You've met him before?"

Suna frowned as he rubbed at his chest. "Not personally, I've just uh- seen him around a lot." That seemed safe enough.

"Ah, I get that. He is really popular." They watched the video for a moment. "He's really good and he knows it too."

"He's not that great."

Komori eyed him with a smirk. "Oh? You think you can stop him?"

Suna stretched out his arms with a yawn. "Of course."

"Now, I'd love to see this." Suna let the barest smile appear on his face as Komori grinned back at him, excitedly. "Let's put some money on this."

"Sure, but only if you're ready to lose it."

"Oh, I hope I do."

Although Komori assured him the excitement would fade away, it didn't. His heart pounded even faster as the days neared the game, and his palms started to become slick with sweat. He thought he would be over it when they entered MSBY's gym, but his knees almost gave out as his gaze went straight for the onigiri stand in the back of the stands. Osamu was here. He was right here, and Suna was about to finally meet him for the first time.

He wasn't one to be the first to warm up, but he was too wired up. The others noticed but didn't comment. As he tried focusing on his spikes, his eyes flickered right back to the stand. Osamu's back was turned as he talked to someone behind him and when he started to turn back to the court, Suna's heart almost jumped out of his chest. He must be really excited like Komori said, otherwise, he needed to see a doctor soon.

He was too focused on watching Osamu set up that he didn't notice the other twin glancing his way. He ignored it of course. He wasn't here for him, that was evident because of the fact that Sakusa joined his team and was currently whispering in his ear to make Atsumu blush. There was no need for Suna to bother with him, and he knew that Osamu would probably appreciate someone to fight back at Atsumu with. Suna could easily become that person (for friendship purposes only, of course).

When the game finally began, thankfully, they didn't receive the ball first. He couldn't wait to shut Atsumu down so he went straight for the net as he crouched with his hands near his eyes, waiting for the moment to jump as a man with orange hair rose to spike it. He was right there to send it right back to them. He slowly turned to Atsumu, who was blinking at him in shock. "W-What..? Who are-"