Chapter 9 (End)

And a second date they went on, which led to a third, and so on. Whether they were shopping, at the movies, or going to a game together, it felt just as special with Osamu there with him. On the days where they were both exhausted, they still met up if only to sleep on each other's couches as they tried to watch a movie. Suna still regularly visited Osamu at work, but most of the time he couldn't relax and sit down because he was hugging Osamu and staring at the customers that kept flirting with him. It was about time they knew that Osamu wasn't available anymore.

Osamu would always pat Suna's head with an apology to the customer as he continued to work like Suna wasn't clinging to him from behind. Eventually, they were all getting the hint, but continued to come anyway just to gawk. Suna couldn't exactly stop that, but if he started glaring at them now, no one should blame him. Osamu pestered him saying he was going to start driving them away, but when Suna offered to pay him for his time, he was shoved off.

He was getting lost in the bliss of dating Osamu, but worry began to gnaw at him. He wasn't sure where this was going and if Osamu was as serious about it as he was. But if Osamu was, then what was he going to do about the fact that he was still an immortal?

His worries increased when an old friend of Osamu's stopped by to deliver bags of rice from his farm. He had light gray hair that was black at the ends, and gave Osamu a warm smile as he walked inside. Suna reflexively moved to stand behind the counter and hold Osamu's waist. However, the man laughed as he took a seat at the counter. "So this is the man you've been telling me about? It's nice to meet you, I'm Kita Shinsuke."

Suna wasn't able to read this guy, but if he was friends with Osamu then he supposed it was alright. "Suna Rintarou, and you too."

"I was about to bring in the latest load, can you help me?" Suna noticed there was something behind the polite expression. He nodded at the man before excusing himself and following him outside. When they walked near the tuck and were out of sight from Osamu, the man turned around with a glint in his eyes as he smirked. "So he's the reason you've been missing."

His blood ran cold as he realized he wasn't a man anymore but one of the gods. He panicked at the thought that Ceres or someone else ratted him out. "What're you talking about?"

The man gave him a flat stare. "There's no use pretending, Suna ." He chuckled at the name. "Where did you come up with that one?" Suna didn't answer, too afraid to say anything that'll worsen the situation he was in. "Don't freak out so much, that's unlike you. I've only come to bring you a message."

A message. Who else was famous for delivering messages other than- "Merc-"

"You know better than to use a god's name even if they're standing right in front of you." Mercury interrupted in warning. "It seems you've been around mortals too long to remember." He didn't have a poor or beneficial relationship with Mercury. It was mainly awkward because the mortals were divided when making their legends. Some said Mars was his father and others said Mercury. He didn't know and his mother, Venus, hadn't tried to tell him. He didn't think she knew either.

Neither of them tried to be anything like a father than him so he never cared to figure it out. "The fights have been escalating recently and now they're trying to convince everyone to choose a side."

"As usual."

"Indeed." Mercury nodded with a sigh. "When he ," Mercury emphasized that Suna understood easily, "was searching for more people to bring to his side, he travelled to your palace to see you weren't there." Great, Jupiter, of all people. It just had to be him! "It seems you have a lot of minor gods covering for you so you were able to get away with it."