Chapter 15 - Calm Before The Storm Pt. 1

Previously: "I love you, my little tree." Bill cooed at the smaller being in front of him, playing with his hair.

"I love you too, my demon." Dipper beamed as he heard the words that were so precious. He's never felt this way with anyone and knew it was special.

Bill was special to Dipper.

And no one can take him away from him.

(3rd Person POV)

As Bill and Dipper were holding each other like there was no tomorrow, Bill's demon friends came running to where they can barely feel Bill's demon presence. They made it to a clearing, knowing that Bill was there.

"He's right here! I know it!" Pyronica yelled. The demons have been pacing around the clearing for a while but, there was no sign of Bill. They started to get impatient.

"Bill!!" Teeth screamed as he was about to destroy some of the trees but, they heard a voice behind them.

"Guys, I'm right here," Bill stated like it was obvious. The demons turned around to see their friend in his human form. "Come on. Grab onto my hand," Bill ordered them as he was holding out his hand. The demons grabbed his hand, or each other's hand, and were pulled by Bill to see a lovely cabin.

"Hey, guys!" Dipper smiled and waved at the rather large demons. "If you want to come inside, you will have to shrink," he added as he walked inside. The demons shrunk and entered the cabin. It was small but spacious.

"It's a lovely home," Pyronica admitted.

"Well, Bill made it!" Dipper exclaimed. "But it is lovely." the young boy sighed happily and gazed at the cabin.

"What are you guys even doing here?" Bill asked and walked closer to his Pinetree.

"We felt you slipping away and ran straight to where we felt your presence disappearing," Paci-Fire explained. They all needed to see Bill one last time before they were brought back to the Nightmare Realm but, they would never acknowledge that.

"Right. Makes sense." Bill clarified. He looked at his friends and felt a little bad for leaving them. "You all will be leaving when the forty-eight-hour period ends since you are the strongest force here."

"So things will slowly start disappearing and the stronger it is the longer it will stay here," Dipper mumbled to himself. He made Bill smile.

"You are correct, Pinetree!" Bill said to the boy. Dipper also smiled, happy that he was right. "You can actually see that the portal in the sky is a tad smaller. But you would have to be told or be staring at it for hours." Bill chuckled. Dipper went to the window and stared at the hole and noticed.

"That's cool!" Dipper giggled and went back to the group. "While we have you here, let's do something fun!"

The demons looked at each other, confused at what he means by fun. "What type of fun?" Kryptos questioned.

"Anything we want! Other than hurting people or animals," Dipper answered, knowing that the demons were thinking about any torture-related games. The demons, and Bill, nervously laugh. Did they all think of a torture game? Dipper thought as he heavily sighed at the group. He walked toward the coffee table and was glad to see some human board games. He also saw demon board games but didn't want to bring it out. "Let's play Janga!" Dipper encouraged the group, who were not prepared, for such an intense game.

Two Hours Later

Dipper was winning while the others were being frustrated about the game. They kept knocking down the tower and it got annoying quickly. Bill wasn't so frustrated because of his human hands but was still bad at the game.

Dipper noticed the tension in the room and quickly thought of something, "Let's play another game!"

"I won't back down! I need to win!" 8-Ball yelled and all the other demons agreed.

"We can do it again later today. You can strategize while we play the next one!" Dipper tried to convince them that they needed a break. "If you take a break, you can think better," he reassured the group, who were reluctantly agreeing. "Next, we have Monopoly!"

Three Long Hours Later

"I called that one!!"

"I landed on it first!!"

"BUT I CALLED IT!!"

"It's a fair game whoever lands on an unclaimed property!! Right, Dipper?!"

The two demons fighting stared at Dipper, who regretted playing Monopoly with a bunch of demons. "Yup, Pyronica's right." Pyronica jumped and grabbed the property. Teeth was gritting his teeth. "And Teeth stop 'calling' properties. That's not how the game goes." Dipper was rubbing his fingers on the bridge of his nose.

"Want to go upstairs?" Bill whispered to Dipper. He noticed how stressed Dipper was from playing with demons. It almost made him laugh but, he held it for Dipper's sake.

"Just take me away." Dipper cried. Bill chuckled a little and held Dipper bridal style. The demons were too busy arguing and didn't notice the two humans gone. Bill put his boyfriend on his bed.

"Do you want a book?" Bill asked, walking to Dipper's nook.

Dipper sat up against the pillows and crossed his arms. "No. Just come here and hug me, idiot." Bill laughed at Dipper's choice of words.

"Whatever you say, Pinetree." Bill smiled and climbed into the bed. He put Dipper in between his legs. Bill grabbed his waist and pulled Dipper closer, smelling his forest and cinnamon-scented hair. Dipper rested his hands on Bill's and cuddle with the demon, soon to be human.

It was quiet, with a yell or two from the living room, and peaceful. The newly couple wished to stay like this forever but, they knew it wouldn't last before Dipper's family got in the way.

With The People Looking For Dipper

"How are we going to find him, Grunkle Ford?" Mabel asked. "We only know that the other demons went this way. It's not much to base on our search." Mabel added. It's been a good half day since they started looking for Dipper. Only Ford, Stan, Mabel, Soos, Wendy, and Pacifica are still out in the woods, barely having any resting breaks. The remainder of the group went back to the shack after a few hours, not being able to walk much further.

Ford stopped walking, which surprised the group behind him. He turned to his great-niece with her noticeable eye bags. His face softens at the sight of Mabel. She's been pushing herself for weeks just to find her brother, her twin. "Yes, you're right. Let's head to the shack. We all need it." Ford told the group. He put his hand on Mabel's shoulder and looked at her. "We all need a rest. Then we'll continue looking." Ford smiled, the others sighed gratefully. They would continue later in the day or early in the morning.

The group went back to the shack, had some food, and took small naps.

Ford, on the other hand, only went to sleep for about an hour. When they got back from walking, he noticed something strange. He couldn't sleep without investigating further.

He carefully walked outside without disturbing anyone and looked at the big hole in the sky. As he looked, small objects gravitated toward it. Odd. He thought. He looked closer. Is it smaller?! Ford's eyes shot open, trying to figure out what was happening. We weren't able to do anything to him nor the portal. He paused, looking puzzled.

What, or who, in the world is stopping Weirdmageddon?