an unsent love letter

my dear friend,

i'm writing to you because i must. i have no outlet for these emotions that have overrun my mind, and this seems to be the only way to keep myself from letting them free, and ruining it all.

perception is a peculiar thing. it's something that has tortured you for so long. everyone thinks you have the perfect family and the perfect life because that is what they perceive.  but they are wrong. however, they have gotten one thing right. you are perfect.

you don't believe me, and sometimes i'm afraid you never will. but you haven't heard your laugh through anyone else's ears but your own. and you haven't seen your smile through anyone else's eyes. and you haven't felt your warmth through anyone else's skin.

let me show you. let me tell you what it's like to be around you. let me explain to you every little thing you do that makes me smile, and every thing you say that makes everything a little brighter. let me be your view to the other side. the side that sees you, and that loves you for all your flaws.

you're numb. you've told me so. and you have no idea what i would do to get rid of your pain, so that you can breathe again, without wanting to hold your breath until you turn blue. so that you could feel the summer nights on your skin. so that you could feel okay. feel happy.

this was supposed to be a love letter, in all honesty. but i realize now that i can never tell you how i feel. i cannot risk you closing yourself off, hiding away from me, when i'm the only one you let see you.

you will never read this, and that's okay because this is not about me.

love,
well i guess it really doesn't matter who