Chapter Eighteen

7k reads. Wow thank you all so much :)

Apollo was sitting on his bed reading a book while Percy slept with his head in Apollo's lap. Before Percy had fallen asleep Apollo was reading aloud for him.

Just simply looking down at Percy was enough to fill Apollo with happiness. Just watching the rise and fall of his chest.

Percy had been sleeping a lot since becoming a god. Gods don't sleep. However Apollo thought that it might just be the extensive training that Triton was making him do to master his abilities as quickly as possible.

It was a big jump. From being an exceptionally powerful son of Poseidon to being an extremely powerful god. The stark contrast between his powers is like a candle to a forest fire.

Before he had been turned, Percy was on the edge on god-level power. On the very verge of tipping into unimaginable strength. But he didn't. He held himself back, not being tempted by the power that he could've had. Not being tempted to jump into the deep end, where return isn't certain.

Apollo admired the ex-demigod for that. Admired him for staying true to himself and his friends.

Without thinking Apollo ran a hand through Percy's hair, his book forgotten (after putting a leaf in to mark the page of course).

Percy lazily opened opened his eyes, "Hey sunshine."

"Hi love."

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?"

"Yeah what one?"

"Finding Nemo?"

Apollo smiled down at him, "Yeah, or do you want to go on a walk first?"

Percy hummed, "Where to?"

"Just around Olympus, have you ever heard of the garden of Pan?"

"No I haven't actually, but I think Triton or Eros mentioned it once."

Apollo laughed, "Were you not listening to them?"

Percy grinned and sat up straight, "Not at all."

Apollo matched his grin, "Lets go then."

Apollo offered Percy his hand before flashing them both to the garden of Pan.

At first glance it looked extremely messy, but if you cared to look again you would see the beauty of the place. The trees arching over, sealing the inhabitants away from the outside world. Away from the noise and chatter of Olympus. The bushes that bloomed with flowers of all colours along a root ridden path. A broken cupid fountain that had been claimed by nature. Flowers bloomed from the eyes and vines twisted along the stone bow. At either side of the fountain there was a satyr statue playing the pipes. Nature had also taken over these two statues. Brightly coloured flowers bloomed along the pipes and a tree had encased half of one of the statues.

Athena hadn't designed this. It was all just Pan. He had known thousands of years ago that one day that the wild spots of nature would dwindle in numbers. So he had requested that he could have part of Olympus for a garden. This had of course be granted and Pan had set to work. He had planted seeds of all types all over the place in his garden. Much to Athena's displeasure, it wasn't organised. No set amount of seeds. They weren't evenly placed, they were scattered.

This was the one true wild spot left, and barely anyone knew about it. Not even half the gods on Olympus knew about it. It would stay that way. The way Pan wanted it to stay. To stay pure. Only those that would respect the garden and not try to change it were allowed in. It was part of the garden's magic. No one could override it, not even the Olympians.