Chapter 11

Axel gets up to go to his room and pack his things when he felt a pair of warm lips connect his.

The kiss was anything but soft and sweet. It was actually the opposite of that. It contained desire, lust and pity? in it more than love and care.

Axel just stood still, not responding. His brain was black, he didn't even know what was happening. After a couple of seconds, Miles pulled back and stared at Axel then at Kai. Confusion but confidence written on his face Miles didn't know what he was doing. Neither did Axel. They just stood staring at each other before Axel ran into his room, locking it from inside.

Tears were streaming down Axel's cheeks by the time he reached his room. He didn't know how to feel. Wasn't this what he wanted? To be kissed by them and to be accepted by them. Then why did he hate it? Was it because he felt that Miles did it with pity? Or because he didn't see any form of love and care in that kiss? He would have loved it if that kiss happened in another situation, but at present, he was so confused. He was supposed to love kissing Miles because Miles's kisses were the best. He was supposed to feel happy that he kissed him but he felt like shit. He felt that Miles was just playing with his feelings again. Leading him on until he is ready to confess his love then saying he didn't like him anymore.

Axel don't want to be played with again. He can't endure it again. All the pain and misery, he can't live through it again. He curled up into a ball on the ground and sobbed, his only source of comfort being himself. He didn't have anyone. He cried until there were no tears left. Until his shoulders started hurting so he had to keep still. Until he didn't feel anything.

Along with all this, he even felt guilty. He knew it was not his fault but all this may lead to issues between Kai and Miles. Kai was right there when Miles kissed him and he couldn't imagine the expression on his face. If Kai didn't hate him before, he surely did now. Only if he didn't agree to live with them none of this would've happened. They probably would've gotten married and lived a happy life without any drama. But Axel just had to come and spoil that right?

He fell asleep after sometime later completely unaware of the consequences which will follow that day's situation. The quiet climate present in the house was like a clam before the storm.

---------------

20th October 2026)

The past two days were one of the worst days in Axel's life. There was so much tension in the house, he didn't even hear them talking. He didn't know if he was supposed to move out from this house but he is currently staying there because they didn't tell him anything about leaving. Though he wasn't sure that would be for long enough.

He still had that interview scheduled on the 24th so if he just passes through that and gets a bonus, he'll be able to buy a new house and move out before he ruins their marriage. Or did he already?

He had so many doubts. Did they talk about what happened? How did Kai react to that? He wanted to know if Miles's and Kai's relationship is still intact or if this became a permanent dent in their relation. Axel wanted to talk to someone, to have a shoulder to lean on especially during times like now. But well, he didn't have anyone, did he?

Another thing that is concerning his so much was that he told his secret to them. Now they know that he still loves them. What would they think of him? It was obvious that this feeling was not mutual but he was still scared. And even if they did like him back, should he trust them and forgive them. Or should he make them suffer just like they did to him? Should he give them a second chance or should he pick his safety and dignity over his love. He was so confused what to do, especially after Miles kissed him. That kiss changed his opinions dramatically, in a bad way. It made him question twice about his love, about them in his life, about what he deserves.

He still went to work in the evening but he made sure to walk in the long way to came back late. Late enough for them to be asleep together with dinner in the fridge by the time he arrived. That is if they still slept together. Not in the dirty way. In the morning, he woke up late so that they leave by the time he has breakfast and it seemed that they left early too to avoid him.

He didn't know how to solve this, but if him moving out of their lives was the only way to make things better, he's surely ready to do that.