106

"Thank you." Elizabeth whispered while hugging Angelina's waist.

"Your welcome your highness." Angelina knelt down.

"Haha..." Elizabeth smiled and kissed Angelina on her cheek.

???????

Every noble, who witnessed the princess's action, was stunned. Did... Did the princess just kiss the Skyler family's youngest lady on the cheek...?

But... Angelina hasn't even unwrapped her gift..!

Even the royal family were shocked.

Only Arianna, who hid among the crowd, was not surprised in the slightest.

"This princess is extremely grateful for your generous gift. You shall be greatly rewarded!" Elizabeth laughed. No longer looking tired and sickly.

"Lizzy... What was even the gift?" Leon, the second prince asked.

"What gift could possibly be better? The gift this honorable young lady has given me is life!" Elizabeth proudly announced.

"...!?!?!?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

When the princess's terrible state was made public, Angelina started her plan.

In her past life, after the Elizabeth died, it was found out that the source of her illness was a scented candle. The candle contained a poisonous herb, which causes one to turn ill if one inhales it's scent.

But what made it even more shocking was that it was a gift from the Lina kingdom. The kingdom where second concubine came from...

The Emperor, who was already trying to deal with grief, was enraged. He engaged in war with the Lina kingdom and won. It was short war. No one expected the Lina kingdom to even win one battle.

Angelina wrote a letter, asking the princess to take out all scented candles she had in her room. Of course in a polite and respectful manner.

But there was a problem. How is she supposed to give the letter to the princess? Not just anyone can send a letter to the imperial palace. Fortunately Angelina has already thought this through.

Arianna

Angelina knew Arianna was very much well acquainted with the royal family. So she asked for a favor.

She let Arianna read the letter and Arianna approved. She trusted Angelina.

"Princess! This lowly one will go summon the imperial physician immediately!" The maid rushed out of the room. Then she saw Arianna.

"lady Arianna? Pardon this servant but this servant must summon the imperial physician!" the maid bowed.

"That's alright. I'll be leaving soon. I just hope you will help me pass this letter to her highness, the princess. I think it will help her highness." Arianna handed the letter to the maid.

The maid nodded and ran to find the physician.

After being treated, the princess laid back on her bed and received the letter written by Angelina.

She remembered Angelina.

Elizabeth thought it was worth a chance and did as Angelina advised.

All Elizabeth needed to cure herself was to not inhale the poisonous scent for at least a full 10 hours.

The next morning when Elizabeth woke up, she was better.

It worked. Angelina's plan worked

Elizabeth shuddered.