20

"...." Angelina was silent but in her heart she was mocking the idea of liking him...again

'pfft...that bastard? Why would I be interested in the man that played a big part on my death!?'

"I don't know him well" Angelina faked an excuse to avoid the question

"....he seems nice though miss" Marie was a little confused. To her, Chase was the ideal fiance candidate. He was smart, talented, good looking, high status, and seems like a gentleman.

"Well no one's perfect Marie"

"True..."

Angelina sighed and messaged her temples. Marie was kinda like her old self. They both thought Chase was the closest thing to perfection.

Marie left to go to bed and Angelina also went to bed. Angelina laid down on the bed, staring at her bedroom ceiling.

The room was silent and had a little creepy atmosphere. The halls were also quiet exept for some footsteps of the servants.

Angelina had been trying not to think about this, but this question had always haunted her. Why were everyone so sure she really tried to kill Evelina?

Even the emperor who was like a second father to her believed the accusations. The Bailey family was always full of pride. They would do anything to protect their family name. So her (Lilith) trial would be extremely humiliating. They would normally try to defend her and deny the accusations. But instead they also believed the accusations and abandoned her.

During the trial, Lilith was too confused to focus. She was suddenly arrested without an explanation, brought to trial in front of all the nobles, and was sentenced to death.

She felt so helpless.

At that time even if she tried to deny the claims, they all would probably ignore her. She didn't even know what happened, so how was she supposed to defend herself!?

She recalled the scene.

She was kneeling, wearing rags, and her appearance was extremely dirty and messy. Her arms were tied behind her back and all eyes were on her.

They accused her of countless unspeakable crimes. She tried to speak but her mouth couldn't make a sound. Her voice was drowned out by other's voices.

Even though the nobles witnessing the trial were whispering, she could here them clearly.

"I didn't know she could do such a thing..."

"How cruel and evil.."

"Ha! I think she deserves this! That's what she gets for always being so arrogant!"

"Looks like...for once...Lilith Bailey is losing"

"Honestly im not too suprised. She's always been an obsessive hag!"

"To think I used to follow her! I'm so ashamed!"

"Lady Evelina didn't deserve such cruelty!"

"What a witch!"

"If we keep her alive.. she'll probably be he end of us all!"

"Hmph! Whatever I never liked her anyway!"

"She think she's better than us just cause she has a better brain and face than us!"

"What a b*tch!"

Her eyes seem to turn darker as she stared at the ceiling.Those words clouded her mind. For a couple of seconds, she could only hear their voices. Every word stabbed her heart.