Part 9

Marinette was smiling as Damian walked over to the seat she'd saved for him. "What're you grinning about, Angel?" he grumbled.

"Well, Hayden, you'll find out tonight. I really don't want to ruin your surprise. The Queen might get mad," Mari replied.

Damian stared at his soulmate, thinking she'd lost her mind. The bluenette saw the look on his face and burst out laughing. He raised an eyebrow at her. "Are you okay? You seem to have lost your mental faculties."

Excuse me? I'll have you know, I'm perfectly sane. In fact, I'm more sane than your mother. Marinette didn't realize that she'd spoken telepathically until after the fact.

Damian rolled his emerald eyes at her statement. "Anyone who is not a heartless killer is more sane than my mother."

"I can believe that," the bluenette replied aloud, startling Chloe and Adrian who didn't realize that they'd been talking to each other.

"Have you two been talking this whole time?" Adrian asked, not realizing that they were soulmates. Damian smirked as Mari replied to Adrian's question.

"Oh yes, Hayden was just explaining to me that he gets very annoyed by his older brothers when they're acting like morons."

Chloe's brow furrowed. "Didn't you say that his name was Damian?"

Mari pretended to be confused. "Did I? I could have sworn I said Hayden." It'll be fun to see how long we can keep them in the dark about who you are and the fact that we're soulmates, don't you agree, Demon?

"I do. It will be quite enjoyable."

Both Chloe and Adrian were shaking their heads. "You said Damian. I'm sure of it," Chloe stated.

"You said Damian," Adrian backed his sweet soulmate. "Is there something you're not telling us?"

Marinette stared at him. "I meant Hayden. You know my mouth doesn't work properly sometimes. The whole time I had a crush on you is a testament to that."

The whole trio laughed and Damian looked at her, curiosity in his eyes. "I had a crush on Adrian for a year and a half in middle school.. It always took several tries for me to properly say anything to him."

"I see. If it's not too personal, how did you three meet. You seem very close," Mari's soulmate asked.

"Well, you see, Chloe has known Adrian from early childhood and I met her when we were five..."