Part 20

I'm back! (Surprisingly, I know.)

As Batman's former sidekicks trickled into the Batcave, Scarlette Guardian walked over to Oracle. "Would you look up the Official Anti-Akuma website, please? It will greatly simplify this explanation." The paraplegic heroine nodded, her fingers flying over the keyboard.

"Scarlette Guardian, it is a pleasure and an honor to meet the newest Lady Bug holder. I assume that your teammates hold other Miraculi from the Zodiac Box?" Agent A's voice came from behind her and the spotted heroine turned to face him.

"Agent A, I would say the same about our meeting. My companions are indeed holders of other Miraculi from the Zodiac Box," she confirmed. "If you don't mind me asking, though, how do you know about the Miraculi?"

A small, soft smile appeared on the man's face. "Before I came to Gotham, I was a Guardian in training, working with the butterfly Miraculous. When the Temple fell, I barely escaped with my life."

"I regret to inform you that the butterfly and peacock Miraculi went missing after the fall of the Temple. The two have been corrupted. That's why Honey Bee, Panther, and I are here. We have been fighting for years and are only slightly closer to finding the holders."

Agent A nodded saddly. "They're very powerful, and together, they're very dangerous. Do you wish to have my assistance in explaining things to my coworkers?"

SG paused to think it over for a moment. "I would be grateful if you could explain the Order of the Guardians to them. I myself am not very familiar with the Order."

"I will explain that, then. Now, I do believe that should rejoin the rest of our teams as, everyone has arrived." Agent A gestured to the group of heroes talking amongst themselves. Scarlette nodded and moved to stand next to the Batcomputer.

She took a deep breath before she spoke. "Heroes of Gotham, may I have your attention, please?" The room went silent as the Batfamily turned to face her. "Before I can explain what brings my team and I to your city, you need some background information.

"As you can likely tell, my team and I are not like your average superhero. This is because our powers come from pieces of jewelry called Miraculi. There is an Order that was created to protect the Miraculi from those who would do harm with them."

Here, Agent A took over. "The Order of the Guardians has been around since the creation of the Miraculi. They exist to protect them, and would give their lives to do so."

"Two of the Miraculi were stolen while the Order was at its weakest point. Those two Miraculi were the peacock and butterfly," Scarlette Guardian said, directing their attention back to herself. "The butterfly Miraculous grants the weilder the ability to give other people powers based off of their emotions. The peacock Miraculous gives the ability to create a monster."

"What does that have to do with us?" Batgirl inquired.

"My team and I have reason to believe that Hawkmoth and Myura are here in Gotham."