Chapter 15: Heat

I woke up uncomfortably warm. My body was almost buzzing and I tried to kick off some blankets but found none on me. I moved my hand to rub at my eyes to wake myself up properly and felt sweat beading on my forehead.

How was I so hot? I'm sure it was cold last night and it's never hot in the mountains.

I could feel my wolf panting and writhing inside me, clawing and itching to rub himself on anything to try and halt the pulsing warmth and I shared his needs.

Was I sick? Was this Mother Nature's punishment for running away like an overwhelmed child and sleeping in the woods?

My skin itched and my body was only getting hotter and hotter as the minutes passed. My skin was red but I hadn't touched it and I was aching. My bones, my skin even my hair felt like it was burning, screaming.

'Mate'  My wolf moaned.

''Tatum.'' I breathed out and searched the room but he wasn't there.

My breath was now coming out in pants, visible puffs of warm air clouding in front of my mouth.  Even sitting up seemed like the most unimaginable task with my weakened body.

''Hey, Princess how about we go for a walk-'' Alic stopped mid stride his first step into the room and his eyes dilated.

''Alic.'' I moaned out in pain and scratched my arm to try and alleviate the itching under my skin but it did nothing but cause Alic to shake his head and his eyes widened before he took cautious steps forward.

''I don't think we'll be going for a walk.'' His nose crinkled up and he covered it with his hand. ''I don't think we'll be going anywhere.''

''Help me.'' I cried out as the burning shot further through my body and I started to notice an aching pain in my groin that was growing -in more than one way- with each pulsing shot down my spine.

Alic's eyes closed and he seemed to be battling himself for a few minutes as I just writhed where I was trying not to scream out, my skin crawling like razors were being dug into every crevice.

''Princess. Please stop moving.'' He groaned out still not opening his eyes.

''What's hap-happening?'' I stuttered through breaths, my head lulling and my eyes unfocused.

There were growls outside our door and that seemed to snap Alic out of whatever he was doing and he shot straight out of the room. There were more growls, more feral and demanding before a yelp and Alic made his way back into the room, picked me up and started to leave.

As soon as his fingers touched me my body convulsed in his arms and a long breathy moan left me. His hand felt good but I need more, something more, someone more.

''Gods give me strength.'' Alic groaned out.

 He rushed us into the hot pools, growling at everyone in there to leave, the males faltering for a moment and even some of the females sticking around before Alic's eyes flashed dangerously and they went running.

When his arms left me I whimpered. I couldn't control myself and my wolf whined for Tatum. He wouldn't shut up chanting his name over and over to the point I wanted to block him off.

My body slowly submerged in hot water and it somehow eased my itching and aching but I was still burning. I needed Tatum. My wolf seemed convinced he could help but I didn't know how.

''Tatum.'' I felt so whiney but it was all I could manage.

I couldn't muster enough strength for full sentences I couldn't move my body and my only thoughts were of Tatum. I needed Tatum.