chapter four

[22:45]

All the tears left my eyes, leaving it completely dried when those words played once again in my ears, "we have to do her hysterectomy, that's the only option left, and once done she won't be able to bear a child." Her life is the most important thing for me, and I have to accept it, that she won't be able to be a mother.

The lights of the operation theater were ON, they operated on her fragile body that already lost ample of blood, her innocent face devoid of every single expression due to unconsciousness, she was undergoing the worst part of her life. Her dreams of becoming a mother were crushed every second with the doctor's scissors.

And I was standing shamelessly looking at everything. Helpless, weak, powerless. Crying on my own regrets. "Mr. Jeon, please stay strong" the same voice again comforted me. Mr. Park Jimin, thanks to God he was there to rescue my wife. Because of his bravery my wife is safe and sound, "Thanks, Mr. Park. Thank you so much" I bowed in front of him once again. And he hugged me with his free hand, his one hand got frustrated while rescuing her from the craters of the crushed vehicle.

The complaint was filed, cops doing their work to find the culprit, but all I wanted was to see her smiling once again. But this accident is going to change our life forever. Our dreams are crushed with the car and we both are here, in this situation.

1 WEEK LATER
[12:50]

7 days passed, but it seemed like years to me, y/n's operation was successful, her condition was stable, each day a few bandages from her body were removed, telling me that she is fine. "Koo, I will be discharged today." Her lips curled upwards, stroking her hairs, "I know love, but if you aren't comfortable we can stay a few more days in hospital, until you are completely fine."

Her face immediately turned into a frown, pouting she gave me a "are you serious" look, "no, I can't stay here any longer, I need to go home babe." I chuckled on her cuteness, I fed her the next bite of her lunch, and the same question stuck in my mind once again. "Today is the day I need to tell her the reality, But how?" For a week I somehow managed to fool her, not telling her exactly what surgery she faced, but the truth can't be hidden forever.

"Koo, feed me" her yelling brought me back to reality, her crimson face, plump lips that had a smile, and twinkling eyes, How can I say those words to her? Unwillingly the tears collected at the rim of my eyes, "Koo, why are you crying" her voice was a mere whisper filled with concern. "Nothing-, just finish the soup fast love, we need to do a final check up before getting back home." I forced a smile to her, but her forehead caressed.

She knows everything about me, she was fast enough to decipher the slight changes in me, though I was trying hard to act normal but my soulmate is smart enough to know the pain behind my smile.

AT HOME
[19:48]

"Babe, walk slowly. Don't act clumsy, your lower body is still weak, and you can't neglect the fact that you just faced an accident along with an operation." I lectured her the same lines again, after placing her gently on the couch, and she lifted an end of her lips, throwing tantrums at me, "I won't melt for your tantrums, Mrs. Jeon, you need to be careful."

It's definitely hard to handle y/n, with all her questions unanswered, every time she asked me about the operation, she always got disappointed. The words would tug in my throat, and it was difficult to bring them out. How can I tell her? Every second the harsh reality was clenching my heart. The seeds of fear spoke, "Will she be able to handle herself?"

"Koo, I need to shower. But it's hurting." She said in a cute tone but with a controversy her eyes held mischief, my lips left a chunkle, I patted her head "Does my baby jeon want her Koo, to give her a bath?" She did continuous nodding like a kid who would say yes, to do anything for a chocolate.

"Then, let's get freshen up, before doing anything else." She boobed her nose with mine, giving an angelic smile. The smile that took away panic from my racing heart. I helped her to walk properly to the washroom.

I checked for the temperature of the water once again before placing her into the tub. "Koo, wash me" she gave a nose scrunchy. How cute? No matter how baby she is, but she is the most caring person, I know her intentions behind acting like this, she wanted to distract me from all the tension. She wants me to relax with her. She wants me to feel her. She knows I will feel better seeing her all happy with me.

Removing my clothes, I joined her in the tub, placing her on my lap, I applied foam all over her body, scrubbing her tender skin, and we enjoyed playing with the bubbles.

"Koo, dry my hairs properly" "yah, don't shout I am doing it" I brushed her hairs with the towel, but our sweet moment was killed by a phone call, "Mr. Jeon you need to come to the police station, to help us with the investigation."

YOUR POV

Though Kookie doesn't want to leave me alone, I still forced him to go for the investigation. It was only for an hour and Jimin was here too, from the day of the accident Jimin was also admitted due to his injury and he is an artist, we both get along really well these days.

He came here to ask about my well being, because he is here Jungkook decided to leave. "Y/nshi you latest painting theme, child was amazing, kindly share with me your motive behind it" since we both share the same profession it's easier to have endless conversation, killing the boredom. "Actually, I am planning to start a family and it was because of that-'' before I could finish the doorbell buzzed, I excused myself from Jimin.

Kookie came really soon, merrily I swang open the door, but my smile dropped when I saw her, she stepped forward hugging me, "I feel bad about your hysterectomy-" "What-"

∞∞∞
Hope you enjoyed this part! Please leave your opinions in the comments. Don't forget to vote.

Follow and be updated about the upcoming parts.
∞∞∞