─ ¹⁰. DO NOT FRET, PROFESSOR

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎 *•. ┄┄

𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔, 𝒚𝒂 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒍!

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Hermione ate dinner with a frown plastered on her face. Harry was pretty much numb and she was worried about that too. But she was more worried about the fact that Sirius pretty much lost everybody, including his own family, and apart from being stuck in Azkaban for twelve years, wrongly accused from a murder he didn't commit, Harry, the last bit of family he had, believed him to be a murderer who betrayed his parents.

When they returned to the common room that night, it was to find that Fred and George had set off half a dozen Dungbombs in a fit of end-of-term high spirits. Hermione watched as Harry went up to the dorm soon followed by Ron and she sat down on a sofa looking at the fire; like she did when she had a lot on her mind.

"Existential crisis, again?" a voice asked beside her and she smiled as she saw Fred sitting down next to her.

"Just thinking. It's frustrating how people can be so bloody fucking ignorant sometimes," Hermione said bluntly and Fred chuckled.

"What do you mean, Granger?" He asked and Hermione put on a thoughtful expression before shifting on the couch so she was facing him properly.

"Would you think I'm mad if I thought Black was innocent?" She asked him and he frowned.

"You think he's innocent?" He asked baffled.

"Right, then. Just forget it. . . ." She sighed.

Of course, he would think she was mad. He didn't know what she knew. To him and apparently everybody on the face of the planet, Sirius was just a mass murderer that escaped.

"No, I won't," said Fred scoffing, "You can't just tell me a mass murderer is innocent and not elaborate Granger."

Hermione eyed him for a few moments, and when his gaze on her didn't waver she continued.

"Well, think about it," Hermione began, "Black was caught by a fragile guy in the middle of a war. Then he didn't even get a trial. They could have at least checked the last spell on his wand or something. Or try Veritaserum. And how come the only piece you find of a body is a toe? There should be more. A body doesn't just vanish and decides to leave a toe behind," Hermione ranted. "The ministry is a bunch of daft fuckers who are corrupted to the bone—well, with exception of some people."

"You're right," Fred said cracking a grin. "They are quite daft."

"Right?"

"Black didn't get a trial?" Fred asked suddenly, a frown on his face.