─ ¹². FUDGE IS A MORONIC ARSEHOLE

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐 *•. ┄┄

𝒂 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Hermione felt as if she was on the edge of a cliff, dancing over the edge without actually falling into the abyss. She found herself realizing the actual danger when leaving Grimmauld Place. It had hit her like a rock over the head nearly making her fall. It was the last time she would be seeing her dad before the ordeal over at the Department of Mysteries and her head was full of doubts. What if she couldn't save him? Her eyes were brimming with tears when she had hugged him goodbye, as he kissed her on the crown of her head and told her to make the most out of her year and have fun. She just kept thinking that if the original Hermione had gotten unconscious even before the Order arrived, who's to say it couldn't happen to her too?

A pit had formed in her stomach as she boarded the train and in order to get it out of her mind, she busied herself with her friends.

She had spent half the train ride with her Slytherin friends after having escaped from Ron and her prefect duties. 

Hermione loved that every time she was with Blaise and Theo (and sometimes Daphne) they managed to get her mind out of everything going on around them, but then again, maybe they were escaping their own problems. This was something Hermione noted during the train ride, Theo had been more moody and snappish, and his poise stiffer, from what she could gather Hermione knew things in his house weren't going for the best. She opted not to comment on it and let it slide, if she wasn't one to talk about her problems, she wasn't about to make him confess either (not yet at least); instead, she decided to focus on Blaise's newest crush, Padma Patil, who he deemed as beautiful and smart and much more sensitive than Goldstein.

The next half of the train ride she had spent with Dean, Seamus, and Neville. She and Neville were the only ones that knew about Dean and Seamus dating—though Neville had only learned about it when he went to Seamus's house during Christmas break. During her time with them, Hermione had casually wondered out loud why they didn't make their relationship public which caused the boys in question to blush and sink in their seats. Though Neville did something Hermione never thought was possible during Fifth Year (as he was just gathering his confidence), he snapped back at her with a smirk.

"Says you, Ms. I'm-dating-Fred-Weasley-in-secret, " he had said which caused three gasps to be heard. Dean and Seamus had never looked so offended with her but they bit their tongues when she rebutted that they didn't tell her about them dating either when they first started. Then she turned onto Neville to question him. Apparently, he had just put one plus one together (it was that easy), and with his observational skills (which Hermione found out were better than she gave him credit for) and the Second Year's gossiping he had easily figured out.