1: feelings come faster than you'd expect

"You're the Ultimate Detective, but can't get a grip on your own feelings?" Kaito laughed as he sat in the courtyard with Shuichi and emptied his water bottle. They had gone through their nightly training several times, and at some point, Shuichi had taken a step and entrusted his thoughts to Kaito.

The young black-haired detective had befriended all his classmates mostly well, with the exception of one. You guessed it, the Ultimate Supreme Leader. Shortly after everyone introduced themselves to each other, Kokichi Ouma didn't hide the fact that he was willing to manipulate his classmates to his own will, and didn't give a damn about what anyone thought of him. This made it especially difficult for Shuichi, who wanted everyone to get along with one another at any point of their school life. The Ultimate Supreme Leader and the Ultimate Detective found themselves in sorts of battles, where Kokichi tried his best to piss the detective off, and Shuichi tried his best to ignore his tiny but evil classmate.

Times went on and Kokichi started appearing in Shuichi's daily life almost every day, cuddling and kissing his cheeks for fun in order to annoy his lovely detective classmate more and more. Even though the Ultimate Supreme Leader hid at least one lie in each sentence, he could also be extremely adorable if he hugged Shuichi from behind or told him that Shuichi was his "favorite friend". At first, the Ultimate Detective was more than annoyed by his small and wannabe-evil classmate, like everyone else, but soon other feelings arose in him. The more Kokichi cuddled him and expressed his affection, the more Shuichi would grow uneasy. No matter how many people he had met, the detective simply could not understand what highly complex thoughts could go through such a small brain. At first, he just let the Ultimate Supreme Leader play with him, but the more the small boy tried to push himself into Shuichi's attention, the more Shuichi tried to avoid and ignore him. This uneasy feeling in his chest couldn't possibly mean something good...

"Oh, don't worry. I can't get any further with Maki Roll either. Man, she may be the Ultimate Assassin, but her heart seems to be made of the same steel as her weapons", Kaito laughed out loud, placing the empty water bottle next to him on the bench and looking down at his sidekick, who was still dealing with the last Push-Ups. Shuichi miserably pushed his body up one last time before falling down to the ground. "I'm a failure, just say it," he sighed.

Actually, he shouldn't even call himself the Ultimate Detective, considering that he had only solved one case. Not even voluntarily. His muscles were similar to those of a 10-year-old child, and his crush, at least that's how he interpreted his feelings, had to be the one person from his class who told as many lies a day as Kaito talked about space. It was useless.

Another sigh left Shuichi's lips before Kaito got up and patted him on the back. "Why don't you try to get a little closer to Ouma, hm? If you're lucky, he falls in love with you, too!"

"Hah, good joke. I'm not even sure that it's love what I'm feeling. Plus, we're talking about Kokichi Ouma here. He will probably pretend to be moved by my confession, and then make fun of me. The probability of him being gay and interested in guys like me is practically zero. " The detective turned his gaze away, the pain that his last words had inflicted on him was more than clearly visible on his face.

"You'll never make it if you don't cheat around the rules a bit. That's how I got into astronaut school, after all!" Shuichi raised his head and saw Kaito combine his typical wink with a thumbs up. But somehow, he was right.

After a brief silence, Shuichi finally got up, took his water bottle and waved to Kaito to say goodbye. "Thank you for the advice, I'll try my best. But if I get together with Kokichi before you've confessed your feelings to Maki, then you owe me 300 push-ups, okay? And I will count every single one of them." Shuichi smirked.