8: Solving riddles could be so easy

The dark-haired detective took his cap off his head and ruffled his hair. A message? He hadn't really been paying attention. Kokichi seemed to perceive his friend's inner conflict and stood up, pulling Shuichi to him onto the bed and continuing to hold his hand as he spoke.

"Let's go through everything again, okay?" A wide grin showed upon cheeks of the Ultimate Supreme Leader's face, and Shuichi blushed. "O-Okay," he stammered, and began to think back to this morning.

"At the Dormitory, I met Kaede, who dragged me into her Lab, presumably with the intention of keeping me away from your Dorm Room, right?" the detective began to analyze the situation. Kokichi grinned wider, nodding encouragingly at Shuichi. "Correct!"

"Then in the Lab, Amami sang me this embarrassing poem-" - "SUNG??? Ahahahaha, I wish I'd seen that," Kokichi burst into loud laughter and wiped the tears from his face. "I told him to just read it, not sing it," he laughed. Shuichi ignored him and continued.

"The poem led me to the Courtyard, where I met Iruma. She then led me to Keebo in her lab afterwards."

"Stop!"

The little Supreme Leader put his finger to his counterpart's lips. "There is a part of the message hidden in there." He looked deeply into the detective's eyes, as if in an attempt to read his mind. Shuichi, however, simply blushed and pulled his finger from his lips. "Don't s-stare at me like that, I won't be able to concentrate if you do."

"Oh, you can't? You're cute when you blush, Saihara-chan," Kokichi purred, grabbing his hands to hold with both of his.

"You just have to figure out what word the bitchlet stands for, it's as simple as that." Kokichi played around with Shuichi's hand, gently massaging the upper side.

"What Iruma stands for? Well, I guess the word Iruma uses most often would be either sex, dick, or pervert." It was a wonder that Shuichi could say those words with such neutrality, even though he projected all those words and actions onto his crush in dreams.

"That is so true! This nasty bitchlet has nothing else on her mind but Keebo's new cock," he managed between his loud laughs.

The detective's heart warmed at the sight of little Kokichi rolling around on his bed laughing. No matter what he did, he couldn't suppress his feelings for the mean Ultimate Supreme Leader, giving him up was completely out of the question. He had fallen for him with all his heart and soul. He couldn't move on unless he was rejected by Kokichi. And the smartest strategy to avoid that was to not ask him in the first place. (Very clever, I know)

When Kokichi had calmed down again, he tapped the detective on the shoulder with his hand.

"As much as I'd like to say that's right, unfortunately that's not the secret message hidden in the meeting with Bitchlet." He once again put on his irresistable grin and decided to give Shuichi a little hint.

"What is the word bitchlet thinks about 90% of the day, excluding the words you already said?" he asked neutrally.

Shuichi rubbed his chin and thought really hard. Miu Iruma, the Ultimate Inventor. She liked to make perverted jokes and recently she had a thing with Keebo. But what she thinks about the most...

"About herself?" the detective finally asked.

"Ding ding ding! And how would you describe that in one word?"

Shuichi looked at him with an expressionless look. "Egotist? Narcissist? Egocentrist? Egomaniac? Selfish-"- "Stop Stop Stop Stop! "

The Ultimate Supreme Leader groaned loudly and covered the detective's mouth with both hands.