Fiesta

Your P.O.V.

I woke up, rubbing my eyes as I felt the light from the window pass through.

I sat up, feeling excited for the school fair today. But not just that, I also waited for this day. The day where I would confess to her.

Weeks had passed since we celebrated Eunbi and Yena's birthday. But until now, I'm confused. For Wonyoung, nothing probably changed. She treated me the same, like nothing happened between us.

But for me, our friendship wasn't quite the same anymore. Ever since the moment she kissed me, I started thinking of her not just as a bestfriend, but as something more.

I couldn't keep this feeling anymore, I tried to not get upset whenever she acts nicely towards other people, or whenever she would act the same way with anyone like she would with me. It was like I was just someone to her. Someone who she didn't have a first kiss with.

What she said that night, got me hoping that she felt the same way. But the more I assumed, the more I would get hurt. So today, I will tell her my feelings and stop bearing this on my own. I have to know her feelings too.

I got up from the bed and did my morning routine. I thought that this confession thing would be the only thing that was gonna bug me all day, but as soon as I opened the door to head downstairs, I heard a voice. One that I most dreaded to hear.

"I can't even think of a single reason why you would show up here, again!" my mom said, and it was evident in her voice that she was trying to keep her voice down though she sounded angry.

"And why not?! I was supposed to have a peaceful life but you had to show up! And that child worsened everything!" I quietly walked down the stairs to see my dad, who I haven't seen in a year.

What the hell is he doing here?

"She's your child for God's sake!" my mom shouted

"No! She's just a kid who I should've killed a long time ago!" he screamed back at my mom.

Before anything could happen again, I made my presence known and walked mindlessly to the door, not even minding to greet them.

"Y/n." my mom said shockingly, while my dad just watched as I pass by. If looks could kill I would probably be dead by now.

"You disrespectful kid! You won't even greet your own father?!" he shouted as he stomped towards me.

I stopped, but I didn't look back at them.

"Who said I had a father? I thought he died a long time ago." I said, my voice void of emotions.

I turned the door knob but just before I could step out, I heard a glass shatter just behind me, I even felt a shard cut through the skin of my legs. Ugh, now that I wasn't wearing pants?

I didn't even mind looking back and just walked out the door. Walking out the apartment and to the school.

It was a sunny day and as soon as I stepped outside, the tears that I was holding back came running through my cheeks.

Great. I wished for a distraction to not think about my confession later, but this is not what I meant.

I exhaled as I finally composed myself and stopped the tears to come out. Although my right leg was hurting because of the cut, and I can definitely feel blood dripping, I walked faster to the school.

There were already students setting up their booths and there were decorations hanging. Wow. If I wasn't having a bad start for this day I would be having fun staring at these things.