Chapter 17

Willow's POV

As we walked down the stairs I could hear muffled chatter coming from the kitchen but as we stepped in everything went silent. I quickly surveyed everyone that was in there. Not only everyone that lived in the house including Graden and Lani's youngest daughter, I think her name is Heidi, but also the current pack leadership and all of their mates. There was a new face that looked like an exact duplicate of Jenna except she was younger. The last person I noticed was Lia and she was the first to speak.

"It's about time ya'll came up for some air. DAMN!" she said with the biggest grin on her face. That statement alone had a domino effect and soon everyone was catcalling, whistling and making similar comments.

I turned and buried my head in Dom's chest. I knew my face must be as red as a sun ripened tomato. However one comment cut through the rest and I know it wasn't said maliciously but it hurt none the less. I heard Ryder's voice "At the rate you're going Dad I'll be a big brother by next summer." A bunch of people laughed but I flinched and I felt Dom's arms tighten around me.

I think Ryder sensed the tension now in the room because he switched gears as his tone of voice slightly changed as he said, "In all seriousness though Willow, we came here to officially welcome you to the family. When you are ready we would like to host a ceremony to officially welcome you into the pack."

Wait, what? "Can a human be part of a werewolf pack?" I ask with uncertainty.

Dom's arms tighten around me as I hear in my head "Yes, you will be a part of the pack. You will have a family bigger than you could imagine."

With my heart so full of emotions I couldn't help the tears that started to pool in my eyes threatening to roll down my face I looked up at him and sent "You have no idea how happy that makes me."

"We share emotions, remember. I do know how happy this makes you, and I promise this is just the beginning of your happiness."

"Awwwwe aren't they adorable? Already mind-linking in front of everyone like newlyweds." Lia cooed clasping her hands under her chin and making kissy noises.

Everyone laughed at that but I have come to realize that they only tease the ones they have accepted into their circle.

Dom and I filled our plates with food and sat down with everyone else and started to fill the voids in our stomachs. I don't think I have ever eaten this much in one sitting but it was delicious and I was starving.

"Ryder, or am I supposed to call you Alpha? I noticed people calling Dom Alpha in the village but you're now the Alpha so should I call you that?" I hadn't realizedI was rambling until Dom put a hand on my thigh and squeezed causing me to jump a little. I was nervous addressing the Alpha of the pack especially since he was also Dom's son.

"You can call my Ryder. We don't do titles with family." Ryder chuckled while taking a sip of his drink and rubbing his hand absently on Elaine's back.

"um, thank you. What I really wanted to ask was what is the ceremony that you mentioned before?"I was apprehensive at how I would be received by everyone. So far most of the people I had met in the village were nice but that was when I was seen as just as a tourist. Now that I am staying I don't know if they would still be so welcoming.

"It's really not a big deal. We invite the pack to the gathering, you are presented to them and then you are accepted and I will link you to Elaine and me and then to the whole pack. After that we will have a bonfire, food, and a pack run. But we can skip the run seen as how you can't shift." His voice got a little slower and lower with the last sentence as if he was just now realizing that it might be an issue.