10| Worst Day Ever

Arriving at the police station, the police officer accompanying Jesse pushed through the manual spinning door of the main entrance

Arriving at the police station, the police officer accompanying Jesse pushed through the manual spinning door of the main entrance. A blue lobby with a front desk greeted them. Some citizens were waiting there along with officers guarding the building.

The officer took Jesse by the shoulder and led him through a long hallway with rooms on either side. At the end of the hall to the right was a room full of adjacent desks divided by partitions. A few officers were assigned desk duties of collecting information from offenders like Jesse.

Jesse and the cop who arrested him stopped at a lady filling out reports. She asked Jesse to sit and answer some identification questions.

Jesse rested on the chair, cuffed wrists on his lap, arms sagging, and eyelids nearly closing from exhaustion.

"Name?"

"Jesse Calaway."

"Age?"

"19."

While he was giving the answers, another officer came in with a suspect. The new prisoner caught everyone's attention with his rebellious macho swagger. His presence was quite strong and naturally invoked fear inside the room.

Being the curious boy he's always been, Jesse turned to get a good look at the new guy. The image he saw burned into his eyes, stretching them wide open. His relaxed muscles stiffened in an instant. His heartbeats skyrocketed in a split of a second, almost giving him a heart attack.

It's him!

Hands cuffed behind his back. Ripped dark clothes barely covering his upper body. Brown ruffled hair with streaks of highlights. Dirty nails with a hint of dried blood on them. Bites and claw marks covered his sand-colored skin.

T-Bone!

Out of all the days in the world, Jesse had to be arrested on this specific day and time.

Goddammit! This can't be happening.

When T-Bone passed by Jesse, he smiled at him and winked.

For the first time since their first encounter, Jesse didn't see yellow beastly eyes, but hazel ones with a more brownish hue than green. They still terrified Jesse to the point that he felt unable to breathe. A gasp stuck in his throat as tears pricked his unblinking eyes.

That sinister wink on T-Bone's face bore happiness; a twisted kind of happiness that Jesse was very familiar with.

Once T-Bone disappeared behind another door, Jesse let out an audible sigh, finally breathing.

"You OK there, hun?" asked the desk lady, peering through her glasses. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Jesse hadn't realized how tense, small, and sunken he looked until that very moment. He shuffled in the chair to mend his defeated posture.